Eye Care Community

Weight Lifting with Myopia

Respected Doctor,

I am 21 year old,male,and i have been diagnosed with high myopia with RE= -7.00  &  LE= -7.50.My power is stable for 3 years now.

My questions are :-

1) I have read that people with high myopia can not lift heavy weights but can lift light weights.If so what are the ranges of wights that is considered light in my case.I also will like to add that i used to lift 14 kg dumbbells for a long time and still did not have any problems

2)Can i do chin up exercises.

3)And also few years ago my ophthalmologist did a surgery on my eye to fix the retinal hole that i had.What kind of surgery will that be?

Thank You,
1. Only your eye MD ophthalmologist can answer this

3. Laser or freezing (cryotherapy) are used to close holes

JCH MD