Eye Care Forum

What could cause temporary white out of bottom half of vision

I have migraine headaches with and without auras, and more frequently have auras without headaches.  Usually what I see is a circle of yellowish light moving up the outside corner of my vision.  In addition to that type of aura, sometimes lately the bottom half of my vision flashes completely white beneath a jagged line a little below the center of my vision.  Can you tell me if that sounds like a type of migraine aura?
Yes.  That being said, you should have a full exam by an ophthalmologist to make sure everything else is OK and then see a neurologist to get treatment for migraines.  Really severe migraines could have consequences and should be under the care of a neurologist.

HV
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.