Eye Care Community
21.7k Members
Avatar universal

What is the pain under the inner corner of my eye?

For the past month i will get a pain, like a feeling of soreness, under the inner corner of my left eye for a couple of days. It goes away but then comes back. When i touch the area of pain it hurts more and more as i get closer to the tear duct area on my lower eye lid. I would like some insight to help this pain go away. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated!
1 Responses
233488 tn?1310696703
Obviously no way we can make a diagnosis without seeing and examining you. the most common thing that would cause this is an infection of an eyelid gland (stye, hordeolem, Meibomian abscess).  At home treatment would be limited to warm compresses but better would be exam by Eye MD ophthalmologist, non-MD optometrist or your family MD.
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511758844
Kansas City, MO
Avatar universal
Grand Prairie, TX
Avatar universal
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.