Eye Care Community

What symptoms did you experience with cataracts?

Having cataracts is often compared to looking through a foggy windshield of a car or through the dirty lens of a camera. Cataracts may cause a variety of complaints and visual changes, including blurred vision, difficulty with glare (often with bright sun or automobile headlights while driving at night), dulled color vision, increased nearsightedness accompanied by frequent changes in eyeglass prescription, and occasionally double vision in one eye. Some people notice a phenomenon called "second sight" in which one's reading vision improves as a result of their increased nearsightedness from swelling of the cataract. A change in glasses may help initially once vision begins to change from cataracts; however, as cataracts continue to progress and opacify, vision becomes cloudy and stronger glasses or contact lenses will no longer improve sight.Cataracts are usually gradual and usually not painful or associated with any eye redness or other symptoms unless they become extremely advanced. Rapid and/or painful changes in vision are suspicious for other eye diseases and should be evaluated by an eye-care professional.
i have been told ii have a catarat, but was wandering if the really bad head aches that have been getting are the cause from the catarat,i have had pain in my head for 5 or 6 months now?
UV radiation is not inherently harmful.  Too little is bad for you, too.  Moderation is the key.
I was told that my cataracts should never have been removed. My eye sight has deteriorated  since and I must use artificial tears many many  times a day along with eyelid scrubbing, warm  compresses and anti biotic gel before I go to  sleep, I wish I had never had the surgery. I am  also extremely sensitive to bright light but I  do not know what the problem is called.Something  to do with the eye lids. I have met two other   people with the same problem who do not know   what to do aboug it.
I knew I was experiencing a "fuzzy" image in the eye that had never been corrected, but until I saw the ophthalmologist, I wasn't aware how predominant it was. Apparently the other eye was "compensating" for the cataract problem.
I could keep my eyes open when in a Concert Hall, where the stage is white and lit by bright lights and the audience is in dark with no lights. There was also some powder-like discharge from the eyes in the morning, but I have no Conjunctivitis. Eyes start watering slightly when looking at the stage for long time, as in a conference. However, my vision is good with specs and I can read N/6 comfortably. I got my Eyes checked yesterday and my Ophthalmologist said that I have Cataract in both the Eyes, but do not require removal now. I have to check up after 6 months. I have no Diabetes and do not smoke, drink or take Tobacco in any way.
Had cataracts removed and I had lenses put in. Now I have black banana shape areas where my peripheral vision should be. Had a retinal exam and I was told my eyes were fine. Nobody seems to know what the problem is.
can headaches be assicated with cataracts?
I'm a 54 yr.  old female that had cataracts in both eyes. I went to a physician in Boca Raton that I knew was very competent. I had the surgery on both eyes, results beautiful. I had the crystalens implanted, I see beautiful! Only drawback is I wear 1.50 readers for up close, no more glasses for distance.  :)  Aker-Kasten in Boca Raton, Fl.
I am seeing beams at the top of head lights,the doc said something about having to go in and clean things up with laser,I had cataract surgery a few months ago,   he is calling it the yack surgery,anybody heard of this. He said it was like scratches on the membrane and goes in a cleans up with laser.
6 MO. AFTER MY LEFT EYE CATERACT WAS REMOVED MY EYES ARE BLURY
My Dr told me I had large cataracts, yet I dont have any blurry vision and see everything just fine without glasses. This told me he just wanted to do the operation weather I had symptoms or not. Why didnt I have the normal symptoms if this diagnosis was true?
My night vision became so bad I was scared to drive at night. Depth perception was pretty bad, but I wasn't aware of it until tested. My optician called the cataracts "rapidly-progressing," saying there had only been a "slight haze" the previous year. Laser surgery was a snap and I can drive without glasses now. I have to use readers for near vision.
had my vision checked 2years ago there was no mention of catarcts. had a motorcycle accident. suburben hit me. 4months later i had to have emergency lazer surgury for a very large tear to my retnia or lose my vision next day surgen says that after check how my lazer surgury recovery was doing he said i need to have surgury for catarcts in both eyes that is very bad.but that i needed to have my retnia heal first,  could my catarcts have been caused by the accident? being that two years ago i had no issues with my eyes. my last eye exam cost over 400.00 dollars and was very extensive.
I received LASIK correction 12 years ago, providing 20/10 since. Overnight nearsighted problems began to occur in left eye.  It was corrected with lens, but after three weeks the foggy window syndrome started, halos, sun, and headlight sensitivity with extremely poor depth perception. After two follow up optometrist visits, I am now on my way to surgeon for sudden onset, rapid progression posterior cataract treatment.
After surgery for cataracts, one eye is fine the other eye is blurred. At first they said I had a scratch and now they want to get new glasses. I bought new glasses two months after surgery, but now they want me to get stronger ones.
i had cataract surgery this week and had an implant of the regular lens that is good for distance..my dr said i oould get a lens good for readin in my other eye & wondered how hard this would be to get used to, since it is permanent
I had cataract surgery on 3/7/12. Since then I have nothing but problems. The latest being spider web thickness glare that that goes towrd mt eye at about a 20 degree angle and in a 360 radius.This accured after Yag laser surgery to remove fluid at the side and bottom of the implant.  The Yag laser took care of that problem but now the refraction of light is so great I can no longer drive without coverign my affecter eye with my hand when approching traffic is in sight. The follow-up doctor told me to get new glasses and see him in a year. This is not acceptable as I need to drive at night especially with the shorter days af fall and winter just around the corner. Any suggestions??   XCould it be possible artificial light is now entering the implant at its sides?  Normal day light does not cause any problems.  I cannot confine my activities to daylight hours only. I am a very active person.    Gene Holdgreve
persistant headache over left eye
I used to have dizziness
After surgery, light from lamps, sun, outdoors when send a very short but strong stabbing pain in my eye, why?
I am 67 years old and just found out that I have very small cataracts. Since I was told this, I have experimented with different angles of vision and found that if I turn my head some to the right or left, I can see much better than straight ahead.
I have a cataract in my right eye for which I shall soon be having surgery. However my left eye is having trouble at night when all is lit up. My question is "would it be possible to have this eye corrected although not as bad as the right eye "
have a banana shaped figure with the light at the end that goes cross my eyes, what is that?