Eye Care Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
6073527 tn?1445994968

Which Doc do I need?

So apparently I have some sort of issue with my optic nerves, my eye shape is good apparently, but best I see corrected is roughly 20/80. I'm just wondering what type of eye doc would be associated with the optic nerve?
1 Responses
2078052 tn?1331933100
Usually this is the realm of a glaucoma specialist or neuro-ophthalmologist.  If there is no suspicion of glaucoma (optic nerve damage related to the eye pressure), then I would recommend a neuro-ophthalmologist.
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.