Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

White dot on cornea

Helllo last night I noticed a small white dot on my eye (please view image) and I was a bit worried. I wear daily contact lenses and last night I was tired and my eyes were feeling dry so I took my contacts out and I noticed the white dot . I am not feeling any pain at all and the eye feels pretty normal . I have had corneal ulcers in the past and they were very painful unlike this . I was also curious about the irritated skin beneath my eye which has been bothering me for at least a month now but the main concern is the the white dot which i dont know if i should see a doctor because i can barely feel it
I would appreciate any help
Thanks
https://s.yimg.com/hd/answers/i/157ca5ab62354f67a2e9830e74ae1120_A.jpeg?a=answers&mr=0&x=1400613132&s=e829e1af892d8298111e2ddd804f1ef1
1 Responses
2078052 tn?1331933100
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I tried, but there was no image.  You really should see an ophthalmologist to be sure this is not an ulcer, based on your past history.
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.