Eye Care Community

Why has all this eye stuff happend to me so young

I am 22 years old when I was 17 I  became legally blind in my left eye do to a retinas detachment . I really never thought I would be blind in one eye when I was you get. But it happend to me my family has a history of retinal detachments recently I went  to Birmingham al and had prohalytic 360 laser on my good eye bc I had lattice degeneration but the sugery had some complications I developed pVD bc of the sugery and has caused me anxiety and depression to the lowest of lowest I keep replying the descion in my mind if I should had have had the sugery my doctors says my retina is stronger now been 10 weeks from laser but the PVD I see every moment makes me retink the descion of having the laser bc I thought iw would lower risk of detachment now I have PVD I read people haw detachments from that. What ***** is I use to be the happiest kid even with one eye bc I never thought my good one would detach now I think about it every second I have a great job but it effects me bc it's sales and I can't talk to people when I am so low  when I am with my gf I feel that happiness again b I dot won't get to worry and I just keep fearing the future I have been with my gf for 3 years she use  to be obssesd beyond obsessed with me but now she isn't as much he loves me I know that  and she tells me but it's not the same love as for as showing It and she tells me she wouldn't leave me if I went blind in both eyes but I think she would bc I would be so depressed and Wat ***** is I know how my life would be diff with two good eyes or even one eye that wouldn't detach I am afraid to lift wights  go to the pool bc I am afraid of detaching an my life being over bc I woul be helpless and it just ***** I was wondering if anyone else has vision problems and how they deal with it bein 22 none of my friends have vision problems an fear of being blind doctor says its rare at my age which ***** I just  wish I had great vision bc I would be so much diff these curse has made me hit rock bottom past couple weeks have thought about ending it bc I am not fearful of dieing it's living that scares
Me if I was 50 it wouldn't be that bad but being 22 is  so depressing every time I go to doctor there is no one in there close to my age which ***** bc I feel like I am the only one with eye problems at my age :((
First of all there are many, many people age 22 or younger that would give anything to have one seeing eye because they are blind in both eyes. Second a posterior vitreous detachment is not a big deal like a retinal detachment and 360 cryopexy will reduce the risk of a retinal detachment.

Your profound depression is pathological and I suggest you see a psychiatrist to work through it.

Life isn't fair; bad things happen to good people and some bad people prosper. After many years in Medicine I tell my patients the two most difficult questions to answer and often there is no answer other than "bad luck are 1. Why me?  2. Why now.

JCH MD
Do u think it wa wise to have had the prohalytic laser on my only good eye ?
No way I can tell for sure but likely YES.

JCH MD