Eye Care Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

big swollen eye

my husband woke up three days ago with swollen eye and got worse today it is the hole left eye swollen and he feels burning feeling in his eye what can I do ? do  we have to go to a hospital
1 Responses
2078052 tn?1331933100
He needs to be seen by an ophthalmologist for evaluation.  If he goes to a hospital ER, he will see the ER doctor, not an eye specialist.
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.