Eye Care Forum

big swollen eye

my husband woke up three days ago with swollen eye and got worse today it is the hole left eye swollen and he feels burning feeling in his eye what can I do ? do  we have to go to a hospital
He needs to be seen by an ophthalmologist for evaluation.  If he goes to a hospital ER, he will see the ER doctor, not an eye specialist.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.