Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Community
22.2k Members

black and white spots in vision when blinking.

about a week ago i noticed a purple/blue spot appear in my right eye which i presumed was an ocular migraine, as i have experienced this before. However this almost appeared to "burn" this patch into the lower right section of my right eye. This is highly noticeable when i look at the computer, or a white background, then change my gaze to something else. Also when i blink or cover my right eye for a bit then take away my hand i see a purple/black line which is fixed in the same area then quickly fades so i cannot see it. I am unsure as to whether it is a blind spot, as i cannot tell by the ambler grid, but i know it is not a floater as it it is fixed and doesn't move. i think it may be too small to pick up on a visual field test although.
About a month ago i had my eyes dilated by an opthamologist, visual field and all the slit lamp stuff but nothing was found(this was before i noticed the spot and was for a regular check up) yesterday i  had an optometrist take a fundus photograph,visual field and had a look into my eyes but nothing was found. My visual acuity is still perfect.
i have seen a few of the posts relating to mine but was curious is this something i should be worried about? as i am a hypochondriac and this really is getting me down.
i have the photographs available if it would be any help in guiding me as to what step to take next.
alex.
0 Responses
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511755244
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.