Eye Care Forum

bump on eye

i have a bump like growth or something on the white part of my eye toward the inside surrounded by blood shot eyes. i have a lot of pressure on that eye. now today it looks like my other eye has it to i do not have presure on the other eye and that one is not blood shot. it is actually on my eyeball itself. it just makes me nervous because its been like this for a week and not going away. its in the same spot where it used to be yellow which it is not now. but then i was told it was a normal to have yellow eyes because i had elevated liver tests. could this be my liver again or something else. like i said it is not yellow now. white circle on eyeballs both toward the inside part of eye, one bloodshot eye with pressure. what is this and should i be concerned.
Please make an appointment with an ophthalmologist for a complete exam.  You may have a pingueculum or pterygium due to chronic sun and wind damage.  Have your primary care doctor check out our you liver problem.  In the meantime, for your eyes, use artificial tears every hour or two and sunglasses for UV and wind protection.  Good Luck.

MJK MD
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.