Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

cataract near and intermediate vision

I have -9.50 and -10.00 myopia.   Will be getting cataract surgery in about a year.

Want to aim at no glasses in daily life except driving, ie. some reading like menu (but can wear glasses for serious reading and paper work) and around the house, going to friend's house for dinner etc.   Only wear glasses for distance, for driving.

What would be suggested target to aim at ?  low as -1.00, -1.25  or high as -2.00 , -2.50.............

Could someone please give me some ideas ?  I understand it is not exact science, but would really appreciate some guidance.  Thank you so much in advance.
1 Responses
284078 tn?1282616698
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Go for plano in dominant eye to see well for driving and leave non-dominant eye around -1.00 for light reading and computer work.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.