Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Community
21.9k Members

contrast sensitivity and dryness

I am post RK of 1989.  8/2008 had the Crystalens HD implanted along with an LRI and got a perfect refraction.
exactly one month later started to see massive floaters and had the start of an RD upper RH corner which was successfully repaired.  After the gas bubble disolved some 8 weeks later I suffered from severe disabling glare which was caused by a pupil which remained stuck open.  The cause of this was an adhesion between the back of the pupil and front of the capsule bag.  3/09 the adhesion was successfully removed and the pupil is pretty darn close to normal.  Through all this my crystalens refraction is perfect.

As of this present time, after a good night sleep and my eye gets fully hydrated, when I wake up, I have the best vision anyone can ask for at age 50, but as the day progresses my eye seems to dry which effects my distance the most, but the HD lens has to work extremely hard to focus through that dryness.  As a result during the day I have extreme contrast sensitivity and a slight bit of glare.

My biggest concern was while I was on the omnipred, my iop was 28, is that excessive for an RK eye with 4 incisions which corrected -1D myopia.  What symtoms can 28 cause.  My other eye is 16

I started taking flaxoil supplements 2 weeks ago to aid with the dryness, given this circumstance, do you think I would benefit from a lower punctual plug, I just don't have the tear production like I use to.

Would a yag laser procedure help any of this.  What is the best avenue to go.  Thanks again for your time and understanding.
Regards,
Mike230
5 Responses
233488 tn?1310696703
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
1. Yes 28 IOP is something to worrry about
2. The best treatment for moderate or severe dryness is ReStasis.
3. I can't tell about a yag cap

JCH MD
Thank you so much for your answers,  With a pressure of 28 can that attribute to some of the glare and contrast sensitivity that I experience throughout the day.
Regards,
mike230
233488 tn?1310696703
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Probably not extremely high pressures that come on suddenly can cause swelling of the cornea (corneal edema) which can cause rainbows around lights and 'smokey' vision but 28 and coming on relatively slowly would not do that to a healthy cornea.

JCH MD
Thanks for your answers
mike230
233488 tn?1310696703
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
-
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511758844
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.