Eye Care Forum

heavyness and redness while sleeping

whenever i go to sleep at night time i cant able to close my eyes for a long time ,whenever i close my eyes i feel heavyness in my eyes ,after i open the eyes ,both my eyes got red ,  i quickly look the mirror half of my eye got red
so i cant able to sleep , IN SHORT i feel sleepy but cant close my eyes
Go have an eye exam by an ophthalmologist to test your lids etc. and decide if you have any neurologic or ocular reason why this is happening.  You can find one at www.aao.org

HV
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.