Eye Care Forum

loose skin on right eye lid

I'm 44 years old and for a many years I've always had loose skin on my eyelid, my mother had this problem also, I make it a habit not to eat or drink at night because when I wake up in the morning my eyelid is always swollen down over my eyelashes.  This problem has become more prominent in the past year, I know that when my mother was alive her eye was always in a bad way.  Wondering if this is anything that can be fixed because all the indicators show that it's only going to get worse and I'm already having twitching in the eyelid several times a day.
Dear shorty43,

I would recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD specializing in oculo-plastic surgery to determine whether an eyelid lift might be of some help.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.