Eye Care Community

myopic macular degeneration

I have gotten no answers from my eye doctor. I am 28. I have myopic macular degeneration.  I am wondering what to expect in the future. It seems no one want to say "your gonna go mostly blind". But ita the conclusion I keep coming back to. My mom had the same thing. She is legaly blind now. She started going blind whrn she was 30 legaly blind when she was in her 40s. Does anyone have experience or simular problems? Or any kind of answers?
Thanks!!:)
This must be very distressing for you, but it's hard to understand why your doctor cannot give you answers.  Are you seeing an eye specialist?
I am. My specialist is very rude and cocky. I try to get answers snd i get no where.  In a month I will be looking for a new specialist.
Good for you - best of luck finding someone helpful.  Look for someone with the heart of a teacher who can take the time to explain things to you.
I am so sorry to read you are dealing with this at such a young age.  I have wet MD diagnosed a few months ago.  I am 65.  I am not too familiar with myopia but read a little about it.  I suggest you get on the Internet (something doctors hate to hear you say you did) and do your own research.  I would definitely be finding a new Opthomologist!!  
Best of luck