Eye Care Forum

occlusion

I had a sudden closure of a vien in my eye which cause 25% vision loss in my left eye.  I have had surgery to remove the gel and to repair of other viens.

Also an injection of a drug? new formula.

It has been 4 months and no improvement in the vision.  Is it time to give up and just live with it?

Boston22
No it is definitely not time to just give up.  Talk with your retinal specialist to get a idea how things are progressing.  While you may never be back to normal, it is normal for improvement to come along quite slowly, so you still have time.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.