Eye Care Forum

optician found a mass behind my eye

I have just had an eye test for new glasses and the optician has found a mass behind my right eye and has referred it to my GP. I am very worried as the only information he could give me was that 9 out of 10 times on further investigation it will turn out to be nothing to worry about. Can anymore tell me what it could be, in both a 'nothing to worry about' way and 'maybe it could be something more serious' way.  Any comments are most appreciated, thank you.
Unfortunately you just need to give me more information.  Was there a choroidal nevus?  What there an actual tumor discovered in the eye socket?  It sounds like your prognosis is good from what your optician said but I really have no idea what you have.  If there is a problem with the eye or eye socket why are you being sent to a GP?  Lots of questions here and you should just call your doctors, find out the official diagnosis and post again on this forum.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.