Eye Care Forum

retinel tear or hole

I am 55, female high myopia, lead to cataract surgery. had to have in one eye lazer for a tear and a hole in the retina... I do not want to be a fumpy woman in my 50`s  and on... I enjoy running... I am getting so many different points of view that i should only lift 10lbs or I should not run... have I believe an excellent but young opthomologist but need to know I am not going to take my sight out if I train to run a 15 k
My best advise is to see the very best retinal specialist ophthalmologist in your area and get his or her opinion. It's not like you are boxing or playing football, so I suspect you may get the go ahead to run provided the retinal exam looks clear and all old tears are sealed off nicely with laser treatment.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.