Eye Care Forum

sharp pain

I have been diagnosed with shingles on the top of my head on the right side.  I noticed a red bump on Friday, the following Tuesday I started taking acyclovir.  The blister on top of my head has not grown but I have sharp pains in my right eye.  My eye is swelled up but not terribly bad.  When I sleep or keep my eye closed the sharp pains are almost non existent and it seems like bright light irritates it as well.  Any ideas or recommendations.
If the herpes zoster is on the forehead and anywhere near the eye, it is very possible for it to involve the eye itself.  Please see an ophthalmologist right away to see if there is any direct or indirect ocular involvement.  I've seen it too many times to count.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.