Eye Care Forum

should i go for cryopexy

my name is Robin Das  and my Age is 34 Yrs -Male i was wearing glass with a power of (High Myopia)
Left Eye(-) Negative 9.50/cylindrical-1.50/Axis-10
Right Eye (-) Negative 9.00/Cylindrical-2.5/Axis -180

this power was constant for 4 yrs but recently the power of left eye has increased considerable
Left Eye(-) Negative 11.0/cylindrical-1.50/Axis-10
Right Eye (-) Negative 9.50/Cylindrical-2.5/Axis -180
On doing my retina ckeckup in Disha Eye Hospital i was told that i have a pigmented lattex in my left eye
i did the retaina checkup with another doctor -(retina specialist MD) he said i have atrophic holes in my left eyes hence i have to do cryopexy

my question are.

1.can i  see holes in any kind of test such as USG of Eye ?
2 should i go for this cryopexy ?
3 what are the side effects of this operation ?
4 what if i avoid this-cryopexy ?

Dear robinkol1,

I would recommend that you speak with your retinal specialist to determine whether you have any traction surrounding the holes.  This is often a reason for the need for treatment in a patient with lattice.  Also, ask for the benefits and risks of this procedure.  If you do not feel comfortable, seek a second opinion.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.