Eye Care Forum

starburst in the eyes

I was outside working and I came in for lunch when I noticed that the lights and people's faces were either surrounded by a starburst looking effect or the face was entirely blocked out. After I was in for a while the conditon was gone and things were back to normal. Is this caused by low blood sugar or what could be causing this to happen all at once?
Do a little research on visual migraines since that could be what you experienced.  There are other more serious things that are less common.  You need to see an ophthalmologist for a complete eye exam to find out exactly what you had.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.