very painful eyes in sunshine(chrinic)

My Right Eye has a cyst which when in the sun gets worse and severe pain.  My left eye I suffer chronic pain when in the sunshine.  This happens to both eyes.  My eye Dr recommended a neurologist since both my eyes are OK and have no suspicious abnormabelies.
can you sugest what it might be or casue.  it started back in April of 2007
thank you
***@****
sorry for errors in spelling
Sonja
Light sensitivity can be caused my many things including dry eyes, uveitis, some types of glaucoma, and very blue eyes with thin a thin iris structure or just from having very large pupils.  In addition sometimes severe headaches, medication side effects and certain sytemic illnesses might make you light sensitive.  

MJK MD
Thank you however I am confused.  i have no dry eyes , no blue yes, a small touch of an illness caused by type 2 diabetes.  I take Oxycodone 5 mg for arthritis pain, I am severely allergic to any form of Tylenol 2>4.  What about the cyst in my R eye which flairs up spreads and is very very painful, of course in addition to the L eye I explained.  Why and what can a neurological Dr do for me and how would he test?
Thank you
Sonja
***@****

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Forum

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.