Eye Care Community
22k Members

when will I see?

I had a vitrectomy and and a lensectomy almost 4 weeks ago for a macular hole in my left eye. I did the face down recovery for 8 days per my surgeon's request. I was immediately referred to a corneal specialist because the surgeon was worried that he might have comprimised the flap from my LASIK surgery from nine years ago. That seems to be resolved after much worry and a referral to another corneal specialist but now I'm worried about when my vision will return. I still see the outline of the gas bubble and when I close my good eye it looks like I'm looking through murky water. I would like to know how long it has taken others to get their full vision back. My surgeon tells me weeks to months but since I make my living doing research, the prohibitions on long periods of time reading and doing computer work are difficult. Will it ever come back?
Thanks for any comments.
Any and all patients are welcome to share their experience. My patients often take 4-9 months to get a 'final result" and it often is not "normal" vision just better than it was before the surgery. Residual distortion is common.

JCH III MD