white and red eye

looking back at my graduation pictures that were taken may 29th 2009 I noticed one of my eyes were red " red eye" but the other one was white. And at my doctors office I remembered seeing a sign saying"taken a photo of your child could save their life. And. It had a picture of a boy with what I just described . I mentioned it to my parents and they are having me get my eyes diliated is there anything I have to be worried anout because it seems to be only little kids who have it
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, I am a community leader here not a doctor. I have a lot of experience helping eye patients including myself. Welcome to our community.

Dr. Hagen will review my answer. He will have more suggestions, but you might clarify the following:
Do you mean that one eye was red where it should have been white? How old is the photo? Is your one ey still red?
Helpful - 0
It could be harmless but it should be checked out especially if that eye does not see well. Take the photo in to the Eye MD. Find one at www.aao.org    very small children it can be a sign of cataract, or malformation of the eye or a type of tumor called retinoblastoma.

JCH III MD
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Community