Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

white milky eye

I am a college student.  I am rewriting "A Tell-Tale Heart" from the old old man's point of view.  In the story he has a white milky eye.  I want to give his eye some background.  I want him to be angry about it.  So I need an injury that would cause a white-milky eye that would last for a lifetime.  I know this is not an actual medical concern put this report is a large part of my grade and I need it to be accurate.  If anyone knows of anything I would greatly appreciate the help.
1 Responses
2078052 tn?1331933100
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
There are many conditions which could cause this appearance.  Prior eye surgeries such as cataract surgery with corneal edema (swelling), a failed or rejected corneal transplant, or a scarred cornea from a chemical injury such as an alkali burn are some.
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.