Eye Care Community

yag laser for starburst

I had cateract surgery March and April of this year,I saw halos had yag laser done last wed. and this week on tues. I now see starbursts in right eye told my dr. about it and he said I would stop seeing them when I told my brain not to see them. I have talked to several people who have had this procedure and they see the same thing is it all our brains mal functioning? I am confused can you help or explain why this is happening..

This discussion is related to starbursts after YAG procedure?.
They usually get better, but not always.

Dr. O.
Thank you for your answer I hope mine will not last very long,but can you train your brain not to see starbursts and halos?
It's now been 3 years since my cataract surgeries and the (1) YAG following them.  Doctor never did do a second YAG; just on the off chance it may do more harm than good.  The starbursts are still there but don't bother me as much; I don't know whether my brain got used to them or they actually diminished with time (lots of it!).
I did try the drops that shrink your pupils (at night) but they did not make any difference.