The FAASGNJ Community is comprised of women and men from all different ages, who have children, friends, or loved ones with food allergies or asthma. We are an extremely supportive, tight-knit family of people whose common goal is to learn about food allergies/asthma, and deal with our health issues as it relates to food allergies/asthma to help others.
Here are a few suggestions for making the most of your visits:
1) Be sure to check out the "Health Pages." The link is in the upper right hand corner of your screen. “Health Pages” address topics relevant to MSK such as FAQ's, etc.
2) Please JOIN the community & you'll receive DAILY UPDATES of the MSK Community's Activity! But, be sure you go to
- My Medhelp
- Account Settings
- Preferences & click on the e-mail option to receive updates.
Another way is to "WATCH THIS FORUM" which you click on located on upper right hand side of the Community's page. You can also WATCH A DISCUSSION by clicking on "Watch This Discussion" located on the upper right hand of the Community page when you are looking at a thread. Watchlisted & Community Posts will be sent to your e-mail.
Once you have had a chance to look around, why not create a profile and tell us a little about yourself? Your profile can be as simple or as complex as you like. In any event, you will meet people from around the globe! You will have the opportunity to learn from others who share your concerns.
3) Consider posting on a current thread or starting one of your own. Don’t worry - you’ll get the hang of it very quickly. You’ll find that you will want to come back often to check up on your new friends. If you’ve got something on your mind, please don’t be shy. There are no dumb questions and we are all here to learn.
4) Get acquainted with other members. There are several ways to “Add a Friend” but one of the easiest is to scroll over the member’s name and click on “Add a Friend”.
5) Consider keeping a journal. Your journal can be private, public, or available only to those people you have added as a friend. Journals are a great way to share your story, frustrations, experiences, history, etc. You will probably find there are others who can relate to your story.
6) Want to speak privately to another member? Send a private message (PM) by scrolling over the member’s name and clicking on “Send Message”.
7) Only have a minute and want to welcome a member, or send good luck wishes? Scroll over the member’s name and click on “Send a Note.” Unlike PMs, everyone can view “Notes”.
8) Once you’ve created a profile, click on “My MedHelp” (indicated by a little heart at the top of your screen). Check out the many great features: settings, kidney, water consumption, mood and PAIN Ttrackers, notes, message, photos. We have a wonderful pain and Kidney Tracker!!
To obtain a tracker:
Go to My MedHelp
Go to the Tracker Panel
Go to the end of the Tracker Panel and hit "Add a Tracker"
Then add one such as the Pain Tracker, or Kidney Tracker, etc.
We are so glad you are here! We would love to have you join our community! Pull up a chair, get comfortable and get ready to meet a great bunch of people! People JUST LIKE YOU .. and remember TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!
We invite our current members to welcome our new members! Leave a little message of welcome and a little information about how this forum and community has helped you through your journey...
Member of FAASGNJ