FDA Recalls (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) Community
57 Members

Fentanyl Patches

From time to time the FDA recalls misc brands and strengths of the fentanyl patch.  My question doesn't ditrectly relate to recall but I normally get the Duragesic brand name patches or generic Sandoz brand.  These patches had a gel inside and was secreated through the adhevise into the skin. The patches now no longer are made with the gel inside. They are made like the Mylan patches . The first week of the change I hurt so much worse... almost like I did have a patch on at all.  My doctor said instead of taking only hours to level in your system; there take atleast a week. I am on the 100mcg patches which is the highest dose my doctor will prescribe. And my breakthrough medicine is Oxycodone 15mg IR tablets and I take two every 4-6 hours. All my doctor says is it will level itself out... Meanwhile I am still waiting... From what I understand this is permanent change made by the FDA and drug manufacturing companies to discourge abuse and/or overdose... Has anyone heard anything about this? Any details, info or insight? Is there another brand that didn't change?
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.