Avatar universal


Over the last week or so I have been experiencing a slight headache - more a tingling really - at the back of my head on the right hand side in the area behind my left ear.  I was just wondering is this is something I would need to get checked out - it is not really painful it just seems to come and go.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
233190 tn?1278549801
I would suggest a physician examination.

If there is concern about the headache (i.e. suspicion for cancer or a bleed), your physician should obtain head imaging with a CT scan or MRI.  

Other causes can include migraines, a tension headache, or rheumatological disease like giant cell arteritis.

Your physician will be able to narrow down the possibilities, and obtain the appropriate imaging and blood tests.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
do your shoulders hurt at all?  if so ask your doc for a mild muscle relaxer, i had the same thing come to find out i was walking with my shoulders shrugged, and had all my muscles in a tense state.  i am fine now and the muscle relaxer worked wonderfully (skelaxin)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Family Health Forum

Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.