Just been told that I have pseudomonas infection on pacemaker incision. Pacemaker could be infected; not certain. Pacemaker was inserted 4 weeks ago. I am an insulin-dependent diabetic under good control. Blood pressure is excellent with medication.I am 68 years old and generally in good health.
Should I have the pacemaker removed immediately or wait few days to see if infection is under control.? What is liekly hood of infection spreading if I wait 5 days?
I would err on the side of having it removed earlier than later, but this is really something that you need to speak to your surgeon about; not a decision to make on your own. If your surgeon is unsure, they can consult an infectious disease specialist.
Copyright 1994-2018MedHelp.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Vitals Consumer Services, LLC.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.