This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal


HISTORY:  Most of the elders who have passed in our family have died of cancer.  2 years ago, my 1/2 sister found out she had cancer at age 42 and she passed at age 43.  Host unknown.  My age is 36, very good physical health, daily workout routine, healthy, seldom visit the doctor.  About 6 months after her dealth I found a lump that was getting larger on my ear lobe.  The dematologists said she was positive it was just a fatty sisk.  Life has happened and it has remained in my lope to this date.  The other day I was out in the woods and I thought a tick had gotten in my hair.  Couldn't find it.  Over the next day - 4, I had developed these bumps that ended up turning to soars but nothing would come out of the soars when applied pressure, they callused and the skin died.  While checking and scratching my head everyday I notice a very prominent size (very tender) lump (3/4 size of golf ball) bump on the same side as the lobe sisk.  It is located on the left side of my skull, I am not sure of the name of the bones but they are the ones in the rear of my skull and on the tip of the bottom bone that protrudes out before it starts to V to the other sid of the skull.  My question is:  Did a bug get in my hair and cause the lumps,(it feels like something is in there, as an object would feel, not as puss would feel)? Is this related to the lumps on the top of my head?  It's a great disdance away.  I am not sure what to do. The lump is tender to the touch but causes no other discomfort.  Please advise.
Read more
Discussion is closed
Follow - 0
Upvote - 0
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233190 tn?1278553401
A referral to a dermatologist or surgeon is recommended.  Without seeing it, I cannot say what it is for sure.  

Possibilities can include inflammation and scarring from the insect bite, an infection, or cyst.  A biopsy can be considered if the diagnosis is still in question.  If it is a cyst, it can be drained by a surgeon.  

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Discussion is closed