Family Health Forum

two period in a month

I am always getting my period every month but it is so light, it is brown and dark red in color and lasted for 1week to almost two weeks. Is it normal? I want to get pregnant asap with my bf and im sexually active. we are together for 2 years now but still i don't get pregnant. this month i got my period twice, on 2nd day of the month and now on 21st day of the month.. im so bothered so please help. i really want to get pregnant but i think my period is in trouble! helppppp!
If you have been trying to get pregnant and have been having regular unprotected sex with your boyfriend for two years, then I recommend you see your physician to figure out why you have not gotten pregnant yet. Infertility is defined after one year of unprotected intercourse, and it is a very common problem.

I cannot give you exact answers to your quesitons without knowing more of your medical history and doing some lab tests, but in general infertility can be due to a female factor, male factor, or both.

Are you aware of when you are ovulating, and do you make sure to have intercourse during those days of the month? A great tool is this free MedHelp Ovulation Tracker (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-cycles-period-ovulation/id335875911?mt=8). You can track when you have your period and it tells you when you are in your most fertile window.

If you have been having sex for over a year during this fertile window and still have not gotten pregnant, then there are some tests I’d recommend you and your partner getting. I recommend your partner get a semen analysis. Tests for you include thyroid tests, FSH, prolactin, and progesterone. Your doctor may order a hysterosalpingogram to examine your anatomy and make sure your fallopian tubes are not blocked. If you are overweight you may have a condition called Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, in which case I would recommend weight loss and possibly a medication called Metformin.

Since you are having regular periods with regular cycle lengths (between 25 and 35 days) then you are likely ovulating. Your period can last for up to 7-8 days, and a small amount of brown discharge for a few days at the end of your period is normal.  

It sounds like you are having some irregular bleeding now. Sometimes women can get some spotting with ovulation -- this is not dangerous and can be normal. Recent changes and stresses in your life or body, such as stress, weight gain, or weight loss, can also cause changes in your period.

You could also be pregnant: irregular bleeding sometimes occurs at the time of implantation, and other times can occur because of a real or threatened miscarriage. It can also be a sign of a dangerous complication of pregnancy called an ectopic pregnancy -- if you are pregnant and having abdominal pain and bleeding, you should go to a doctor right away to rule this out.
You mean if i have a regular period i am ovulAting and not infertile? My menstruation lasts for two weeks and is lighter than usual..... is it normal? but im having it every month.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.