Ganirelix

When I went to the dr. on Monday, my follies were:

16,12,10 on left
&
12 on right.

My dr. had me to continue a couple more days of follistim (low doses) and take the ganirelix injection to delay ovulation until the trigger shot, and help time the IUI for Friday.  The idea is that the ganirelix slows down the lead follie, so the others can catch up, hopefully.

But he isn't doing any other monitoring to see how I am progressing and I feel like I am taking a stab in the dark going into the IUI on Friday.   I mean who knows my lead follie could be huge by now, thus making it too big to produce  an egg.  And who even knows if the other two or three follies that were 12,and 10 on Monday have done anything or fallen  off or what...

Should I ask them to test my estrogen on Friday or ultrasound or something before the IUI?

I am just curious if this ganirelix protocol has worked for anyone else?
Looks like I'm a bit late answering your post. How did everything go yesterday? I've never tried ganirelix, so I'm not sure how that works, but hopefully everything was looking just perfect yesterday! Good luck in the 2WW!!!