Norethindrone 5mg- has anyone gotten pregnant on this?

Hello, my fiancé and I are actively ttc. I haven’t had a cycle since August 2017, so a few days ago I went to the ob/gyn..he didn’t seem very concerned. He told me to lose a few pounds, which I am about 20 lbs overweight. He said PCOS could be a possibility, but for now he prescribed me Norethindrone 5mg. I am supposed to take 2 pills twice a day, & there are 20 pills total. My doc said it will help with a “breakthrough bleed” to get my cycle back. I did some research & keep reading that it’s birth control. Has anyone taken this and gotten pregnant? I’m not sure how to take this while actively ttc. Part of me wants my cycle back to feel normal again, but I’m worried this medicine will just give me a period, but then I won’t have anything else for months. Any advice / feedback would be great. Thanks n advance!
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Norethindrone is used as birth control, but it can also be used to treat menstrual issues- so the doctor is likely using it for that purpose rather than birth control.  Since it's been so long since you had a cycle, this should 'kick' start that process- which should help you TTC.  Good luck!
I didn’t think of it like that, thanks hun!
You are welcome- best of luck as you TTC!
Purple what is your age? on examination, (hormone analysis) what is the result? those are the fundamental things that will show if the Norethindrone is good for your condition.