Pregnancy after a Laparoscopy

Has anyone had any luck with pregnancy after a laparoscopy?  We've been trying for two years and decided it was time.   I have mine scheduled in two weeks and am wondering what my chances are afterward and was hoping for some success stories!  Also, what all is involved with this and what is the recovery time?
i had done my lap on 4 days ago for ttc  dr found nothing and my right tube is good . we are trying for last 7 year i had one miscarriage then second time dr gave me clomid had ectopic then third time again clomid and  ectopic .1 tube damaged by laparoscopy  2 year ago .i am so stressed about ivf .is there any chance of having baby after lap
Congrats!  I hope your pregnancy is going well.  What did the doctors find when you had your lap?  I just had my lap on Friday.  The procedure took 90 minutes.  I had moderate endo, two cysts drained and there was an issue with my right ovary being attached to my pelvis and needed to be moved.  I got really sick from the anethesia which was not fun on Friday.  DH and I have been trying for three years to conceive and did four rounds of IUI last year.  I really don't want to got back to infertility treatments and hope to concieve naturally.
Ladies I had this done November 2009.
Got prego january 2010 we had been trying for over 2 years. We lost that one at 3 months. We did iui after sveral more months of trying. got prgo. lost that one at 2 1/2 months. did another iui it didnt work did another iui and lost that one 6 wks. got prego 1 more time naturally and lost that one a few days in so i just did another lappy. It is worth it. dont give it hope. It will come in the right time.  both of mine have taken me time to get over but i found it worth it.  
Gl to all of u who are trying.
Hi there , I had been unable to concieve for over two years then i had  a laparoscopy in december 2010 to remove adhesions on my uterus and fallopian tubes and also my left tube was blocked they unblocked it , now it is september 2011 just 8 months later and i just found out im 6 weeks pregnant :D did'nt think I would concieve at all , so yes there is hope of conceiving and conceiving naturally after a laparoscopy and tubal blockage even. Good luck and gve it time x

best wishes , Monira uk

best wishes , Monira uk

best wishes , Monira uk
Hello all, I just thought I'd put my two cents in. I had my laparoscopy in late September of 2009 after 6 years of infertility. I had adhesions removed from both of my ovaries. The most painful part of it was actually the shoulder pain from the retained gas!! My first cycle afterwards was the lightest, most pain free I'd ever had!! The second cycle, not so much. It was the WORST! Pain so bad I could barely walk. So of course by then I assumed it was over and the endo had come back already, so I gave up. Low and behold, two months later (about 4.5mo post-op) I got my very 1st BFP!! My miracle baby boy is now just over 10months old. My husband and I decided we didn't want to risk waiting for another, so we didn't use any contraception. I went back to my dr about 2 months ago because we weren't pregnant again yet and I just wanted to get checked out again. He said he can actually feel scar tissue now where he couldn't before. Great. Now I'm thinking about getting another laparoscopy. I think I'm going to. And, even if I don't conceive again, I can take solace in knowing I tried everything I could, and I am truly blessed just having been able to have my son. Good luck to all you ladies, baby dust to all!

Sarah
I'm having laproscopy on november 16th for pcos, endometriosis, and my dr. Found a tumor on my ovary that is pretty big. He's concerned it may be cancer. Normally someone young at my age does not get ovarian caner, but my mother had it at a young age before she had me. I also have a blocked tube from a etopic pregancy. I have been on so many horomones and fertility drugs(clomid) for almost a year and the only thing i've gotten from it was a couple of miscarriages, etopic,  and a molar pregnancy. I hope this helps me. God willing. Any advice?
I had my first laparascopy last Wednesday and have been advised okay to do a round of IUI this cycle. Lap done day 21, period arrived day 24 - 10 day scan to take place Nov 22nd - consultant seems to think okay to do round of IUI this soon after lap? Anyone any advice? We did one round of IUI before the Lap following 5 unsuccesful cycles of clomid, 2 with TSI and first IUI done with injectables? We are so fortunate to already have a little angel boy turning 3 in December but with all our hearts would love him to have a little brother or sister next year.......
Hello All I just had my lap done 2/10/12 after reading all ur stories i am so hopeful and excited to start trying to conceive!!! We been trying for 5 yrs and nothing...that feeling is the worse feeling it hurts so much emotionally with endless nights of crying and prayer we loved each other so much we wanted a symbol of our love to share!!! So we finally decided to go to a doctor for help. Well come to find out one of my tubes was blocked with adhesions from a previous infection! Now about the surgery, it was my first surgery and it wasnt bad but i never want surgery again! I just hate feeling any other way but my normal self! lol! But the only pain I had was my belly button i think she went thru there and its still a little sore it is going away with time but had i known if she just made another incision and end up with no pain i wud much rather go that route cuz i have another incision and didnt even realize it because i had no pain there! but oh well either way the doctor said the surgery went fine...i wished instead of talking to my bf about it she talked to me after the surgery cause he was a little confused when she was explaining it to him and didnt understand so therefore the info she gave wasnt really explained to me..i asked where is my dr is she coming to explain and they said no she has already left to her office that kinda pissed me off cuz i have lots of questions and i wanted to know what the outcome was...i cant wait till this friday the 17th of Feb for my 1 week post op visit!!! Hopefully everything will go great and me and my dr can ***** a plan for conception!!! Good luck to all that will be having a lap hope this was informative and I am so happy for the couples with their success stories and were blessed with a bundle of joy I can only pray that i will be that lucky and blessed!!!
Hi! I am 27, been married for almost 4years and been ttc-ing for 1 1/2 years. Found out last July I had a tube(right) blocked and needed to see a speclist. So in 1/2012 met with one and pland on having Lap done on V-day (2/14/2012).
A day later after my surgery and I am feeling fine. I was expecting to be nauseous and hunting a lot but all I have been doing Is taking naps and trying not to hurt my self when I get up or sit down.

The doc said I had adhesions attaching my tubes to my intestine (lost of scar tissue) from an enfection I must have had back in the day. So they separated those and left me with my left tube that they are not all the way sure is fully clear( but I have high hopes).

I will try to keep u guys posted on ay BFPs or what's next on my TTC journey.
HI Sarah,

Curious if you ended up having a second surgery? I have an almost two year old, conceived after laparscopy, and I'm considering a second surgery. My dr is trying to talk me out of it and try IUI/injectibles again, but I just don't know. Curious how you made out...?
i am 30+ year old and will be undergoing a laparoscopy in three days after 1year of trying for pregnancy. What are the chances for getting pregnant after this surgery? any side effects of this surgery?

Kindly advice
Hey Everyone,
i am 23yrs old engaged to be married. i have been trying to conceive for 4yrs 2mths with no success. I am having my first lap in 13 days time and am really worried, i cant help feeling somethings extremley wrong after being told by a dr i should be in my prime at this age. i have suffered with painful periods for at least 2yrs, the pain is so severe i vomit and feel like im going to pass out i also get large blood clots which i have to push out. at my pre op assesment last week they talked about the possibility of endometriosis and told me they will perform a hsg during lap. Please reply if you are in the same situation or have been. Also a huge congratulations to all those that have concieved after lap xxx
I'm 29yrs and TTC for 3years. Last month of May I had my laproscopy for the first time(Ovarian drilling and minor endo burned) and till now(June) i didnt concieve.Today after consulting my Doc she asked to go for IUI. but myself n my husband are thinking to try with medicines for still another 3 months(like upto Dec) and then go for IUI. what do you all say???
On June 12 I had my first lapo. My and my husband have been together for 12 years, we have been trying for three years. We were just wondering how long it would take to get pregnant after the surgery. I am 33 years of age I had some endo and cysts as well as my tubes were blocked with scare tissue will this cause a problem
Hey,
I was ttc for a year found out i had to get a lap done due to having cycts on overies, i had a lap done June 1st saw no cycst in the end but they said my tubes one of my tubes were damamged and the other just a little at the bottom was blocked, they were able to unblock the less damaged one and my chances of falling pregnant were lower to 50%. couple of weeks later started to lightly bleed on and off, went docs found out i was pregnant but they didnt know if it was b'cos i was actually miss carrying or the baby was in my tubes. had blood test and ultra sound done they couldnt see anything both time. but 2nd blood results showed my hormone levels going down therefor i had miss carried at around 5 wks the docs said. happy thing is i know i can fall pregnant, just hope next time i can concieve in the right place and everything be normal for my future baby.

all the best for you, keep posted.
xxx
Hello
'I just wanted to share with you that I had a lap done in July 2012 and I am now  ( Sept. 2012) 5 weeks pregnant!! I did not have endo but both my tubes were blocked and my doctor was able to unblock them during the surgery. I just wanted to give you a glimmer of hope!!!! Sending baby dust your way...
hi i had my lap done last week they found my left tube wasnt working properly will i beable to get pregnant im 25 and the clock is ticking been trying for 2 years ive got 1 son who is 3 i didnt have to try with him i got pregnant within 1 month the doctor said i cant ovulate does that mean since i had lap done i can now ovulate or do i need to take clomid tablet to help me ovulate i couldnt understand my doctor because i just woke up after surgery and do i have to go to the hospital for a follow up appointment pmb many thanks
hello happy to hear that ur pregnant i had my lap done 24th september my left tube wasnt working properly the doctor said good news was they mended my left tube and i should be able to get pregnant soon fingers crossed i should get pregnant im stress free been on hoilday im going bk next year if i doe get pregnant im trying not to think abt it ... its doing my partners headin because he said i keep on abt babies and more i talk abt it the chances i cant get pregnant .. tbh ive had a son who is 3 its not my boyfriend son so we want a family as soon has possible keep me posted
I just had a lap done with extensive reconstructive surgery on my cervix, vagina, and uterus. I had doubles of each. How long should I wait to try again? We have been trying for a while now, and their is nothing that I would love more than to be a mother. I am scared that  I will be unable to concieve and I am just really worried. Any advice ?
hi is bfp a psoitive preg test? :) i have one tube and its blocked idk how bad i am getting a hsg again in january hope i can get it removed. how bad was your tubes and did u get preggo? if so how long after?
I had this op done last sep and I was ok after I had my tubes cleaned out and found out that one of my tubes where a no go as it was to dameged I went bk to see my doctor who did op in th october and got told I could start trying I found out in december I was pregnant I had five misscarriges befor this op and I was scared but I know have my little girl who is four month now and I am so happy and to think if this had of been done years ago I may not have gone through the heart ack of losing five but I  so over the moon I have my daughter here safe and well I do hope you all have the success I have had
I am scheduled to have my first lap on Jan 2nd. Since I was 14 years old, I have struggled with very painful periods and ovulation. Every two weeks I am in such pain I cannot move. When I became sexually active, it was painful to have intercourse. Going on the pill helped, but now my husband and I are trying to conceive and no luck. It has only been about 6 months, but the pain is unbearable. I am a Kindergarten teacher, and I have had to have my classroom covered several times due to extreme dizziness due to the pain. I am hoping the lap will help unveil what has been going on. Anyone else have anything similar to this? Any words or encouragement?
Hi guys
we tried for a baby for one year to no avail. an HSG scan was done and unfortunately i had partially blocked tubes and a laparascopy was carried out to open up the tubes and we kept trying again. Six month down the line and nothing was happening so our gyna suggested we try fertility drugs(letrozole ) which we used for 3 months.Finally we thank God i got pregnant while almost loosing hope . now am on ma 7th week and doing really good. dont loose hope n keep trusting tat God will surely do something
Hi Ladies
I did the Lap in November 2012 and have been waiting for signs of pregnancy and am getting very impatient with my body.
I had a lap done through my belly button, all I can say is if you get the same thing in the same area dont over do it bc I had gotten a hernia bc I didnt let the incision heal fully.
Hi ladies I'm going for a lap on 3/11/13 and I'm worried cause I've being trying for years and many doctors told me I cannot get pregnant becuz my tubes are block. Now I'm going to another doctor who want me to do it so I hope my story will be successful at the end. I will keep you guys posted
my heart goes out to all you women, i am 40 and been trying for yrs tryed all the test , surgery's fighting with my husband leaving him, doing everything possible except the ivf and adoption, it's the worst feeling in the world... i wish all you the best. i  never stop fighting or get over it... i hope someday that i will come to realize that it might not happen and the worst part is my husband has 3 girls....someday i hope i come to realize that it may never happen so i can somehow be happy..
I'm am going to the doctor this friday for a lap and am scared outta of my mind. I'm getting this does because I have really bad period cramps and really bad pelvic pain throughout the entire month, so my doc. is checking for endorsement and going to clear my tubes out if there is any blockage .. I really am scared tho because of the fact of being out under Will I die?! idk
I meant endorsement. idk y my phone auto corrected with endorsement Lmao
^Endo
I had laparoscopy two weeks ago and it was clear, does anyone know if chances are higher of getting pregnant now even though tubes were clear, I've heard somewhere the procedure gives the tubes a good wash and can increase chances??
I know this is a year late but i was wondering if you ever got that bfp.  I had a lap done a week ago and are hoping it will increase my chances. Ive been trying for 3 years now and my lap came out clean.  The doctors cant seem to figure out whats wrong, only that i am unexplained.
Two and a half years ago I had a stillbirth with my first pregnancy and lost our little angel at 20 weeks.  For the next two years my husband and I tried and tried but still no bfp.  We finally saw a specialist and went through all of the necessary testing, including a very painful HSG, but were still unable to get to the root of the problem.  So we opted for a diagnostic laparoscopy.  I was absolutely terrified of this procedure and even more so of going under anesthesia.  But I worked through it and it ended up being the best decision of my life.  Even though the doctor did not find endometriosis or polyps, she was able to open up both of my tubes as their openings were partially covered with scar tissue from the stillbirth.  Also, we discovered that my left ovary was attached to a section of my abdomen, rendering it almost useless!!!  None of the other tests picked up on this and the doctor was able to make all of the repairs that day!  Once the anesthesia meds kicked in, I didn't remember a thing and the recovery was amazingly quick and not as painful as I thought it would be.  The best part...two months later we got a BFP!!!!  We are now six months pregnant with another little girl!!!!
I have never been one to post to websites but I was hoping people could tell me success stories and estimated costs on a Lap. I am 30 years old and my husband is 34. We have been married 3 years and together for 8. We have been trying for 7 years to get pregnant and nothing has happened. When I was 17 I had 2 abortions which I regret but I knew I was too young but now I am older and in a stable relationship and ready to expand our family it seems nothing is happening. My husband has been checked and he is okay. I had a sonogram done and the dr. said I have no fibroids or cysts. I then did the HSG where she said one of my tubes was a little blocked but with the pressure of the dye it pushed through and cleared that tube. My doctor also checked my eggs and said I am producing 3 times more than the average woman and said that was great. It has been 6 months after the HSG and we are deciding if we need to do the lap or just go straight to IVF. I have normal periods but I do know I went from having a 7 day period to a 3 day period over ten years. Does anybody have any advice. I don't know what kind of money this takes also. We do not have the greatest insurance but we are trying to decide on what to do within the next 6 months.thank you
Hello, Ijust had lap done on both fallopian tubes on December 1, 2014.  Surgery went well and recovery was excellent.  Been married almost 13 years and I'm 31. We dont have any children.  ttc for a couple of years. With no success.  Hoping the surgery helps. I had insurance so the cost I paid was  was 2, 000$ Surgery itself was close to $7, 000. Thats doctor fees, surgery center cost and anethesia cost. Good luck.
Hi Apes,

I just came across this forum. I know it has been a long time since you posted, but I am curious to know as I am in same situation. I have endometriosis, not sure how severe it is. I have blocked tubes. I will be seeing my doctor tomorrow to discuss further steps. I just wanted to know if you had any luck conceiving after lap?
Still ttc sis. I believe its gonna happen soon.
Is it true though that it can leave scar tissue?
I want to go for one but a little nervous.  I am 40 years old and divorced a year and have a new wonderful partner in my life.  My ex husband and I never had children.  I wasn't falling pregnant and didn't have it checked because my ex husband didn't seem that interested in having children.  Now I want to have a child with my new partner.  I have been for all the tests, ovulation etc.  Next step is that he has go for tests.  I kinda know he'll be fine.  I know it's me.  The laparoscopy is the option to determine if there is a blockage of some kind. Again I am a little nervous as I haven't been in a hospital since I was a young child.  It seems like majority women who have it done, are completely fine afterwards.  I need some reassurance.
I have had Lap done in 2013 and they put me on the shot for about 6 months after and after that was done I almost went on b/c but am so happy I decided not to because I became pregnant about a week later so as of right now I am about 6 weeks along! I thanked my doctor so much because I know that it was this Lap surgery that I was able to become pregnant! Since I was 16 yrs. old I went on and off birth control and any time when I was not on b/c I had absolutely no luck in becoming pregnant! Thanks to this Lap I was able to get pregnant and I'm 35 yrs. old now and 6 weeks pregnant! Yay!
What was the problem that they found while they were in there if you don't mind me asking?
My husband and I have been ttc for 5 years. After trying Clomid, IUI, and Acupuncture with no success, we decided to have a laparoscopy procedure to check for endometriosis.  I had the surgery Oct. 2015 at age 36.  This was my first real surgery and I was terrified to say the least.  There was no pain from the incisions, just bad gas pain in my shoulders on and off for a few days post surgery.  Within 2 weeks I started feeling like myself.  Surgery was $9400 and so far we've only paid $285.  The surgery was a success as I was diagnosed with stage 2 plus endometriosis (out of 4 stages) meaning I had all of stage 2 and some of stage 3.  It was on both ovaries, in my cervix, on my uterus, behind my uterus and caused my right ovary to stick to connective tissue by my uterus.  Tubes were clear which was confirmed with an HSG test concurrent with the surgery.  This was quite a surprise since I never had any of the typical endo symptoms.  It is now Dec. 2015 and we are hopeful we will get our bfp soon.  
Are you going straight to IVF? I just had lap today. I had tubal disease do to prior infection and adhesions on my uteruses. No endo. Doc told my husband straight to IVF. He did no repair
No IVF right now.  We are going to take the "wait and see" approach until February and make a decision from there what the next step(s) will be.  Good luck if you decide to go the IVF route.
Sorry to hear about them finding no endo.  IVF would be a way to overcome tubal problems.

I'm 30, live in the UK and got married lin Aug 2015. My husband is 33. We had a miscarriage in July 2014 and stopped trying as we decided to get married and put baby making pressure on hold until around the wedding.

We started trying again just before the wedding in June 2015. After a lot of unbearable month pain, trouble having sex during ovulation because it hurt too much (not much help that!!) bleeding and 8 months of negative test after negative test we saw the doctor.

After many referral investigations between November 2015 and January 2016 bloods, ultrasounds, X-ray I finally had my laparoscopy last Tuesday. Although I'm not In pain anymore I am still shattered. I have to say the fact that the whole process has only been three months has been amazing as I know some NHS waiting lists for procedures are a lot longer so we feel very lucky!

I had never had surgery or morphine before (wow what an experience) so I was very scared. The hospital were amazing and the surgery was not half as scary as I made it to be before I went in. I had one of my following tubes unblocked as they performed a dye test as part of the surgery and the dye struggled on get through one of my tubes. I also had patches of endometriosis removed too. I now have 3 little stitch entry wounds, one below my belly button, one on the right of my stomach near my ovary and one just above the pelvic bone. The stitches are heeling and no need to wear dressings now, more importantly I can enjoy a warm bath again! :)  The consultant says we can start trying again straight away.

My husband has tests for his swimmers on Friday just to check there wasn't a problem with both of us. The consultant said is can be 40% the woman 40% the man and 20% of cases both of you.

I also have to go back to the hospital for more bloods on Friday which will be day 21 of my cycle to check I am ovulating. The consultant said its to make sure tags if I'm not that I don't need any fertility/hormone drugs to help me along.

So nice to hear of some success stories. I just hope we get ours soon. I have about 6 pregnant friends at present so very much waiting for our time and trying to smile through it all.

Baby dust to you all xxx