cycle buddies - clomid

hi everyone i start my 1st cycle of clomid tomorrow any1 want to be cycle buddies?
So my Doc. is starting me on colmid next month and he said he would start me a 50mg twice a day so 100mg a day, it that too high to start off at?? I always get an LH surge but we have been ttc for 2 years now.  I know there are draw backs to clomid.  So I don't know if i should start lower or just do what he says.
We all need to hope that the Doctors know what they are doing.... I was only on 50mgs my first cycle and now he put me on 100mg... I have read that some drs dont put you on 100 until atleast the 3rd cycle, But every case is different, he automatically told me he knew that I needed more since I did not ovulate at all last month.... I dont think starting at that dose will hurt you... Who knows you maybe one of the ones that gets pregnant on the first round... Baby Dust to you.... Just stay calm and know that the mood swings are sometimes terrible but they pass....

Good Luck......
Hi All,

Praying for all of us to get positive result :)
Oh god..hope u feel better soon..take good care of urseff dear..

Goodluck everyone else waiting for BFP's
selaiwa - sorry to hear your not well hope you feel better soon :0)

will my 2ww is up today as i started spotting this morning so gutted and peed off.
good luck to everyone else on their 2ww xx
Thanks for the insight, im not too excited for the side effects.  That would be awesome if i got preg. on the first round, but i'm typicaly not the person that anything happens on the first round.
So does anyone els always get an LH surge but there doc is still putting them on clomid. I have been TTC for about 2 years now. I don't know if im actually ovulating but I'm guessing I am, cause the surge.
hi i've been trying for 2 years and i  have a lh surge and ovulate on my own but got put on clomid - i start my 2nd round tomorrow.
I get Lh surge and also i ovulate on my own but late in cycle around CD17 and some times CD20 ...i was on clomid for 3 cycles ..My doses were 50mg,100mg and 3rd time it was 150. I was given trigger shot to make sure i ovulate on cd14 and iui on cd15..

Goodluck girls hope u all get ur BFP'S soon
Oh thats good to kow I thought that every one that is on clomid didn't have an LH surge.  I wasn't quite sure if there was a point to going on it, if I had an LH surge.  Now I feel better about going on it. How do you tell if your ovulating? the doc told me you could get an LH surge but still not be ovulating like letting off an egg.

Godd luck to you girls!!
Are you doing any charting.. and taking your temps?  How I know I have ovulated is by my temp spiking.. and staying up for at least three days... along with Opk's showing up positive a few days before... Also if you are good at checking you CM and cervical position.. then those two things would also line up around the same time.  I don't do the cervical position.. but I started trying to monitor my cm this month so we will see how it goes.
I know you have not posted in a few days, but im not sure if you have logged in to check posts. I wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers and I hope your resting and doing better.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.I am doing better.The bleeding has stopped but I am still cramping.The Dr told me that sometimes this happens if you get really constipated.(sorry tmi) He wants to run a test called a colonoscopy to are any see if there are polyps or cysts. I am going to wait a litle bit before getting the test done. Thank you all for your concern.
   Well, I am still going to TTC this month but "au naturale" no clomid. Acording to my bbt chart,I ovulate between cd14-18.So I am going to BD every other day starting cd 13.We'll see what happens.
  How is everyone else doing?
   If you are posting on a different post let me know so that we can continue to be cycle buddies.
Glad to hear your are doing better I am very happy to hear that.... Sometimes we just need to relax and take a break and try naturally and see what happens. Regardless its the Big Guys choice when it happens. Get some rest and regroup, once again Im glad your better.  Well im on cd2 and tomorrow I start my 100mg of clomid... Yikes, talk about needing prayer... Ive gained more weight then ever on this stuff and the mood swings last month were terrible.. So hopefully this month the mood swings will be less and with prayer will also get pregnant..... I used the OV watch last night for the first time to begin this cycle and I hope that also helps me through this....

Good luck to you and doing all natural..... Have you've tried the OV watch??? Since you know more or less when you ovulate it may help you since it tells you the 4 fertile days before ovulation... Little expensive but if it works its will be worth every dime.
hi

Selaiwa - Glad to hear you are getting better. You will get there. Positive thoughts!!!! I will be thinking of you.

I am posting on the thread: Summer IVF buddies aswell but I will be posting here too. I know you are all strangers  but after writing with you and following your journey I have to see where it ends up. Offcourse BFP for all!!!

I have been taking my IVF Gonal F meds for 4 days now and the headaches are really bad and constant. No bad moodswings yet but I know they will come. First time I burst out crying for no reason one day and just couldn't stop. I hope it happens at home and not out shopping or something. :)

Good luck everyone!!!!!!!! BFP for everyone this month!!!

i got put on clomid as my eggs (folicles) dont mature by the time their released as they only get to 14 mm (should be at least 16 mm for a healthy mature egg).
and clomid did work as i had 2 on my left and 1 messuring 22 mm on the right (would of been about 24 mm when i o) but unfortanetly it didn't end in pregnancy so am on my 3rd day of my 2nd cycle today.
when do you start clomid?
HI!! i would like to join this forum...i have a 4yr old son and me n my husband have been trying for a second one for 8 months now...my doc told me i have pcos now..and gave me femara from d2 to d6...wats the difference between femara n clomid...an d y didnt i feel any side affects with the medication?i am on my day 18 now...but my doc told me to start sleeping from d14!!i wonder y??
anyways i wish we all get to see the positive line on the strip soon!
hi welcome to the group,
i haven't heard of femara, i take clomid days 2 to 6 and last month (which was my first cycle) i had no side effects and this cycle i've had really bad hot flushes and a  really bad migrain that lasted 2 days and was making me feel sick every time i ate or drank, and today i got like pulling pains in both ovaries. but you might be lucky not to get any side effects.
what cycle are you on now?
ok so now i have to ask my doc abt clomid n why am i using femara instead....will let u ppl know abt it....well it is my first cycle...we wasted 8 months trying without medication as my first one was an easily concived baby...it was quite a shock when the doctor told me i have pcos...the worse thing is i am feeling all the symptoms in the book n it is my d19 only....i'm quite sure its all in my head!!!
good luck for ur second cycle!! BFP FOR ALL
godil,

I also used 100 mg clomid from cd3-cd7. I had side effect. I heard some doc will give clomid and some femara. No Idea about femara personally but I m sure you doc have plan for you. But if u have anything in mind just ask them that will be good.
Take care and Good Luck
my 2 boys were concived easy to (i got told i would never have children in my teens as i have server endometrosis) with my 1st i was on the pill as i was on that to keep my hormones down after being on prostrap treatment.
with my 2nd i got rushed in with  a massive chocolate cysit on my ovary and got told i wasn't o'ing any more then later found out i was nearly 5 months pregnant, i've been trying for nearly 2 and half years now and i ovulate on my own there just not mature enough when i ovulate.
i finished my 2nd cycle today so will be doing opk in 3 days.
good luck in your 1st cycle :0)
do you know what the success rate is on femara?
i just goggled a bt the success rate of femara...well it sounds quite good. i would like to share this aticle whcih i found on the net...really informative...read it if u want to learn a lilttle bit more abt femara....http://www.soft-infertility.com/docs/PILetrosol.pdf
but have to ask abt the controversy surronding femara(one more question for the doc)
I am really confused.. maybe someone can help me figure this out... This is the first month.. I seriously started using.. OPK's and I have test 2x a day since day 10... I could of sweared it looked positived in the pm on the 12... till the am on the 14th... but I wasn't sure so of course I kept testing... and switched to digi's since day 15.. and I got a SMILEY FACE a big positve.. this afternoon at 1pm.. so should I go with the digi over the others... And one other disaster I woke about before my alarm at like 6am.. took temp.. but I didn't go to bed till 2am.. and tossed and turned.. and didn't sleep soundly so at 6am.. I wasn't completely rested... but I fell back asleep and slept like a log till 11am.. and took temp then also.. Which temp should I go with... cause they are quite different... aggghhhh!!! Just when you think you have it figured out.. in comes a curve ball.
I start my first cycle in july, we are trying right now one last time before he puts me on it. I went and got some pre seed, I hope it helps.  How did they know that your eggs were too small?? did they do a US?
I use ovulation kits every month but my doc said that you can still get an LH surge and not ovulate. How do you check your CM??
I would always get lots of CM sometimes 2 days  before I would get a +LH so I would just b'd both times to be sure.

Not sure about temps but I would still go by that temp as you had been in bed for more than 3 hrs. Maybe I am wrong. I only did temp tracking for 1 mht.

Good luck.

I think I will have my egg retrieval on monday so wish me luck that we get lots of good quality eggs. I feel so full at the moment, The thought of walking around until Monday like this freaks me out. Feel like I am going to burst.

Hope for the best for everyone. We need some BFP's this month.
Good to know. Good luck with everything, I hope you get lots of good eggs. I will think good thoughts for you!! baby dust for everyone!
hi i will have to look at that site. i was having scans everytime around ovulation and they were messuring 14 mm and under which isn't good, plus i had a m/c last june (i was nearly 4 months) and they reakon because i dont produce mature eggs that the on going pregnancy couldn't cope as it went on. but i must of been producing good eggs at some point cos i have 2 healthy boys so am worried that all the endo treatment i've had has effected them (as they make your body go through fake menopulse) and i've been having hormone tratment since i was 12.
i took my last pill for this cycle yesterday, then am doing next cycle and if that dont work am taking 2 months break then just going to take months 4 and 5 together (thats what my mum done when she fell pregnant with me and my twin.(we were triplets to beging with).
hope you get your bfp this month
baby dust to every1
Hello ladies,
   I feel great! I can't tell you what a relief it is just ttc natural. I have no stress!!!  It feels as if a huge weight has been lifted off me and I can enjoy life again! I haven't had any cramping or headaches since taking a break from clomid. YAY!!
   I am not using OPK's this month either. Yeah,I know it is pretty scary but I am sick of POAS .I am just going to BD every other day starting today till cd 20.
I am still checking my bbt and cervix so I pretty much have a good idea what to look for. My cervix is still too hard so I have a while to go before I O. I usually O on cd15 naturally but who knows what will happen this month off clomid.When my cervix is soft I know that I will O soon. Good luck!!!
*************************Debbie***********************
I feel the same..I am so relaxed and started enjoying life again:) I go for workout and go for swimming its so relaxing.I am also not using OPK ths month..I am cd12 today and started BD on cd 10 and will keep doing alternately till cd 22 or 24 coz i use to ovulate late without clomid..
Good luck everyone..Hope we get our BFP's soon:)
Good luck!! BFP's to come!!!
hello everyone just wanted to know how everyones getting on?
am cd 12 and waiting for ovulation pains and my positive opk (i o'ed cd 15 last cycle).

*************baby dust to all **************
u know the worst part of all of this is the WAITTING!! the medicine has done its part, u n ur husband have done ur part....now its all in the hands of God....the waitting is killing me...i wish i could fastfoward my days....im on my cd 23...n waitting for the symptoms to show!!!!!Hope we all get our BFP soon!
Hi ladies, Just checking in to see how everything is going.I ovulated without clomid this month.and am now 3dpo. 10- 11 more days to go in the TWW. I am going to read the Harry Potter book The Half Blood Prince. The movie is coming out soon and my son just finished the book ans said that it was very good.I figure that it will help pass the time.
  Lots of baby dust to you all !!!
i am two days late for my AF....so went n got my hcg blood test done....n guess wat...it came back BFN!!!shocked n sad!! now waitting for AF to come!!
hope everyone else has a better result than me!!
I am sorry that it was a bfn.I kept expecting to hear some good news from you since AF didn't come.Good luck next cycle.
So today is my first round of clomid on cd 5-9 at 100mg im little nervous but i hope everything goes ok.  Does any one have any advice? Or is anyone els starting today?
i got my bfp today cant beleive it keep looking at the test
loads of baby dust to us all and stay positve cos you will have your bfp xxxxx
Congratulations:) i just left a note for u today...So happy for u..take care of urself

Good luck everyone TTC..hope we all get our bfp's soon
thank you, just keep telling yourself you will have your baby (thats what i got told to do by 1 of my elderly patients last month so i did just that) it worked for me. :0)
Congrats! Im so happy for you! Hope all goes well for you:)
What cd are you on? and how many cycles have you done of clomid?
just to let you all know i lost my baby yesterday so going to have a break as its hit me hard.
wish you all good luck
see you all in a few months
I am so sorry to hear for that! Good luck with the rest of your journey.
hi there,
i am thankful i found this group. i started my first cycle of clomid last week on day 2-6.
i am only on 50mgs though. i have a long cycle normally so i am wandering what day i will be ovulating.... 10 days after the tablets seems to be the feeling of folkes out there.  will of course be doing opk and the temps .
i felt very wierd on the meds... very fuzzy headed. did anyone else feel like the living dead? very tired and emotional too.
anyway, my period only lasted 3 days and was so light! i usually suffer badly. that was nice!
so i hope it works. good luck to you all. i am gratefull for any advice out there:)
Nicky
I got my BFP!!!!!!!  I hope it sticks and everything goes well. After 2years of ttc i am so happy. Love to all of you and baby dust for everyone:) I was on my second round of clomid of 100mg day 5-9 and i think it really helped.
Hi everyone...I would like to join the group. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 13 months. I started my first round of clomid Aug. 29-Sept. 2 cd 3-7. I had hot flashes, pretty substantial cramps, and fatigue. I got a positive OPK Sept. 14 cd 19...I was using 1st response and had clear blue easy digital OPK to confirm results from 1st response and both were positive so my husband and I did what we were supposed to. I am now cd 30 and have been experiencing severe nausea with dry heaving last night, fatigue, cramps, breast tenderness, and mild irritability. We took HPT cd 28 which was early according to O date but tested due to symptoms and got BFN. I am very hopeful that this is our month but scared to get my hopes up since it could lead to disappointment. Has anyone else experienced vommiting close to AF with clomid? I have never been sick or nauseous with AF. If AF does not come soon we will test again. Good Luck everyone!
Hi im new, ive just start clomid 18th nov for 5 days go for blood tests next wks then either come on or could be preggers, ive now got v heavy breasts crampy belly, sick feeling.
i will start my 3 cycle on aug 7th hope there are some buddies starting that date also
Hi ladies I'm new to this the problem with me is I get a period every 3 months and have 1 blocked tube so I'm not sure if I will ever have another child I have 1 son that will be 14 in march and I'm 30 now I will start clomid in a few days 50mg hope it weorks good luck ladys
~