trying to conceive

had my iud(mirena)removed on oct8 it was embeded in my uterous me and my bf had sex on the 6,7 I have not started my period had light pink spotting for two days could i be pregnant.its now 11/2/12 and still no period
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Hi there,
The contraceptive effect of IUD lasts till it is into your body. For conception conception to take place, at least one healthy and vigorous sperm must be waiting in the Fallopian tube at the moment that ovulation occurs, and must be able to fertilize the egg within 12-24 hours of the egg being released from the ovary. Sperm can only live for a maximum of 7 days in the female reproductive tract. It is difficult to confirm whether this spotting is an effect of removal of IUD or implantation bleeding. A detailed history, clinical examination and work up may help in detecting whether you are pregnant or not. Consult a gynecologist. Do keep me posted.
Best luck!