Fertility / Infertility Forum

I have not got my period in 3 months

Hello, my last menstrual was on Aug 19. I have not got it since. I did see the Dr and he prescribed me some pills that would make my period come down. It's a 10 day supply. I am all finished with the pills and i still have not got my period. I have taken pregnancy test and even had blood drawn. I don't know what else to do.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that it can sometimes take up to 2 weeks after finishing medroxyprogesterone acetate for it to work.  So, you may still have your period.  If you don't have it within 2 weeks of finishing, you should probably call your doctor back.  At that point, I would then do some blood work including prolactin, thyroid, fsh and lh levels.  I would also ask questions about weight loss and exercise. Stress can play a role in causing menstrual periods to stop temporarily too.
Good luck!
Dr B
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.