Fertility / Infertility Forum

No periods after D&C

i am 26 years with 1 baby..i have been trying for another but misscaried. i had D&C on the 7th of January 2013.i was 9 weeks pregnant.this was my second d&c on the same pregnancy since they did not remove the tissues clearly at first.since then i have not returned on my periods and its been 4 months now still nothing.went to the doctor 3 weeks back and he did some hormonal tests and everything was fine,my blood is enough...and they did a scan to check my uterus but everything was fine.i do not know what to do.i have period like cramps but nothing comes out...did pregnancy tests several times but it came out negative.....HELP!!! WHAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would be concerned about the possibility of two different problems.  The first one is stenosis of the cervix--this is scarring caused by a miscarriage/d&c and the opening of the uterus (cervix) scars shut so that period blood cannot drain out.
Another possibility is scarring inside the uterus--this is called Asherman's syndrome--the lining is scarred so that no lining tissue forms within the uterus so there is NOT any period blood to drain out.
Finally, it could simply be hormonal.  
One way to distinguish would be to give you Provera for 10 days to see if it will cause a period--that is probably what I would do in your case.
Good luck!
Dr B
Thank you doctor,

today i have severe period like pains on my left...i hope i am ovulating or its my period...they went through a scan and the uterus was of a normal size.not sure if they really checked its opening or not.i will have to see the doctor after two months since he told me that i should be patient everything is normal...scared since i would like to have another baby next year. Is it possible that i should take clomid so to assist on the ovulation? or its best that i be patient?
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.