Fertility / Infertility Forum

hydrasalpinx has returned

ive had hydrasalpinx in my left tube draine and clipped with a filshie clip in nov 2010 and ivf been told last week the hydrosalpinx has returned how is this possible? also im experiencing pain in the left area and all round my lower back with severe constipation
Hi!
The fallopian tube has a lining of cells called the mucosa that produce fluid.  If the tube is plugged, the fluid continues to build up inside and creates a hydrosalpinx.  You may need to have the tube removed through an open surgery.
Good luck!
Dr B
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.