Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.4k Members
My dh and I are doing our first ivf cycle.  We had our 5 day transfer on the 6th.  We are now into our 2ww.  How easy should I be taking it?  I haven't really left my bed or couch.  I am really paranoid.  Should I be?
1 Responses
1907191 tn?1468104574
Hi there
Ideally you just need to rest and take it easy for 24-48 hrs after transfer and make sure you are drinking at least 2 litres of water - very important! Also dont completely hed rest, sofa is fine but make sure you get up and about every 2 hrs to keep your blood flowing (esp to the uterus). A low sugar/low GI diet is good too. Stops your levels increasing/dropping too quickly which could make your uterus a little jumpy and we dont want anything to disturb a little embryo trying to implant :)

Keep this up during your tww. You can def get on with things just take it easy...so lay off heavy housework (yay lol) no stretching or reaching up especially and no hot baths. Some people dont worry about the hot baths however your uterus needs to be a certain temp for implantation and too hot a bath will naturally increase your body temp.

Seems like a long list but very easy to do and saves you worrying if you should/'nt have done anything differently. Stress and worrying, albeit near impossible to avoid during this horrible wait, wont help either. Try think lots of positive thoughts and take each day at a time!

Wishing you lots of luck ;-)
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568493809
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.