Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Alert Alpha Gamma Prego - Happy for my BFN's

I thought that would get your attention.  The other post was taking a while to load, so thought it was time to start a new thread.

BUT, I am thankful!  Isn't that funny how life works.  I am thankful for the BFN's because the clinic I'd been using ran low on donor samples which forced me to research outside clinics.  Now I've found this great clinic, with extensive donor profiles, more so than what I was offered before.  They include audio recorings, childhood photographs and some donors volunteer to supply a lifetime of photographs.  So, I was able to make my decision based on soooo much more info.  When I do have my little baby and he/she is all grown up and wants to know more about his/her bio dad,  I will have an exstensive resource to share from.   So, the moral of this is, at the time BFN's yes DEVESTATING!  But, God/ or whatever "lifesource" you subscribe to, knows so much more than we do and in the end things will turn out better than imagined.  

I am so glad you found this resource!  After all, 50% of the genes will come from the donor so it's so important to select carefully.
Can you give me that recipe for the ministrone soup you referred to in your last post?  I am ready to try anything at this point  :)
All of you are showing such strength and positivity:
Magda--I have seen the beginnings of a new start in your posts of the last 18 hours. You are already looking ahead, staying realistic about the present, and processing your resentments about the past. You are a lioness! ROAR until you get those cubs!

Mary--All your patience has paid off, and your cycle is normalizing so you can get back in the game! You have stayed so solid throughout, and very healthily expressed your frustrations in certain situations that have made you uncomfortable.

Fiona--You have been a healer to all of us while healing yourself. You've stayed connected while going through your own turmoil.

Lexima--You, who always offer advice, showed your vulnerable side and reached out for help, to AGP and beyond. You considered your options and made educated decisions. You teach us so much, not just when advising, but by the way you handle yourself in the face of adversity.

Maria--You are getting the information you need to proceed after dealing with such devastation and confusion.

Lisa--You always find the positive in everything, and remind us that there is life outside TTC (Like hair catastrophes, good food)! Plus, your gratitude for BFNs is such a healthy attitude, one that is of a woman who will get her wish, even if it is disguised in disappoinyment at first.

I love you all like sisters, and am so inspired by you all!

SSBD

Heather Jo
Helen--How could I have forgotten you, my fellow Texan, cycle buddy, and "H" name! You are alwys helping APG and others on this forum with your academic mind and huge heart. As you venture into unknown IVF territory, you still continue to give freely and ask for nothing.

SSBD to you to!!
Lisa:  Thanks for starting the new post.  I think it is so great that you found the new place for ds.  I think it will help you make the best choice you can, and it will be so awesome for your child to have access to the recordings and photos.  I am really happy for you.

Heather:  What can I say - you summed it up perfectly.  I have gotten so much form our AGP group.  Even though there is so much information available online, it really helps to be able to bounce ideas around with others.  We are there to look things up for one another, to share acquired knowledge and experiences, to support, and to be an ear to vent to.  I am not an overly mushy person, but I would have had a difficult time getting through some of these days without all of you on my side.

Thank you
RECIPE (from Paul Martin's cook book).  Very yummy.
Ministrone Soup
2tbsp. butter
1 onion, peeled and diced small
1/4 cabbage sliced
1 leek
1/4 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. oregano
1 turnip, peeled and diced small
1 potato peeled and diced small
1 carrot peeled and diced small
1 tomato diced
1 garlic clove, smashed and mushed
1 tsp chopped parsley
7 C. chicken stock
5 1/2 oz. can tomato juice
2 1/2 oz spagetti ( or your favorite pasta - I like to use pasta made from dried veggies.  I buy them in bulk at a store called Natures)
Pinch celery seed and thyme
grated parmesan cheese to taste

Heat butter in large saucepan, when hot add onion, cabbage, leek, season well.  Add basil, oregano and remaining spices, cover and cook 4 minutes over low heat.

Add turnip, potato, and carrot; mix well.  Continue cooking, covered, 3 - 4 minutes over medium heat.

Add tomato, garlic, parsley, pour in chicken stock and tomato juice. Stir and bring to boil.

Season well, cook uncovered 5 minutes over low heat.

Break spaghetti in three and add.  Season and continue cooking 12 minutes over medium heat, or until pasta is cooked.  

Sprink with cheese. Serve.  Enjoy because each bowl only has 124 calories and 4 grams fat!!!  (3g protein, 19 g carbs.)

I love soups and make them lots.  I find it's the best way to get my veggies in.  I have lots more soup recipes if you want them.  (-:
Thanks for the recipe!  I will definitely try it.  Forgive my ignorance, but which ingredients are the important ones according to the book you and Mary are reading?  I will try to incorporate them into my diet.
All the veggies are recommended except the tomoto.  I don't recall the book saying not to eat tomotoes, but it does say to stay away from acidic foods.  I would deem tomatoes as acidic.

In general, any root vegetable is good; beets, turnips, parsnips. squash, etc.  Also broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, brussel sprouts.   I have a great recipe for a soup with broccoli and carrots that I made today.  In a crockpot, put in stew meat, 2 packets  onion soup/dip mix,  3 beef bullion, 2 -3 cups fresh broccoli, carrots sliced, garlic, some Lea & Parons, 5 - 6 cups water.   Cook on low about 6 hrs.  The soup soo good.  The more broccoli the better.

Here's a copy a post I made a few days ago regarding diet from the book.  Hope it helps!!

I just purchased a GREAT book called "The Fertility Cure" by Randine Lewis.  It talks about how TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) is used for fertility.   If you're able I'd highly recommend it.  It gives you ways of diagnosing your particular problems and remedies for it.  Even listing which accupuncture/accupressure points to use so you if you can't get to an accupuncturist, you can use accupressure on yourself and still have good results.  Some of the herbs they recommend are:

1. Eat alkaline foods rather than acidic foods. Alkaline foods are vegetables, non-citrus fruits, cereal grasses (wheatgrass, barley grass) and herbs like black cohosh and valerian root.  (acidic foods to avoid - meats, dairy, most grains - basically my entire diet!!)

2. Get lots of essential fatty acids: fish, fish oil, nonhydrogenatd cold pressed oils like flaxseed and pumpkin seed oils, eggs soy, raw nuts and seeds. Also wintergreen vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, turnips, rutabga, brussel sprouts.

(Just a note, I've read some sources say not to eat flaxseed during pregnancy, others say it's good for you.  My OB said it's fine.  Use  your own judgement)

3. Take Coenzyme Q-10.

Eliminate caffeine.  If you need your morning coffee they recommend green tea. It has antioxidan effects that coffee doesn't.  It has some caffeine, just not as much as coffee.

Good luck.  I'm just learning this info. myself.  So, I'll be shopping at the healthfood store today.  What the heck, let's give it a try!
Lisa, thanks for the new thread... I thought it was just me because of the **** connection we have here in Syria... God I miss cable!!!!!
and Lisa, you are so absolutely right.  I was just speaking about the same thing with my DH... Unlike you, I don't yet have the satisfaction of seeing the reason why this BFP went so wrong but I have to hold on to the idea that there IS a reson and I wonder if maybe, just maybe, next time will work and maybe I'll get my twins and I'll think, "I'm so glad the last try didn't work out".  And then again, maybe it won't be that way and maybe I won't ever know what the reason was but I do believe there is one.

Heather, you've made everyone else feel good with your little blurb about each of us and I think it's only right that I say: You are truly amazing... you are so "thorough", never leaving anyone out.  You seem to have your finger on what everyone is going through all the time and you are always there to celebrate or support! Thank you.
HeathJo - I have to add to what Magda already said, you're our chear leader of the group always upbeat and positive.  Every time I read your post you just bring  a smile to my face.  Keep it up, we need you and in return we will offer full support through your ttc journey.

This month has had it's ups and down for most of us, some were more difficult than others, but I'm see a whole attitude change and a more positive vibe.  I'm hoping that this new positive outlook brings us all BFP in the nearest future.
I agree with Lex, I see a positive trend going, and I am sure some of that has to do with the bonds we have formed with each other and the support we exchange. Whether it is good news or not so good news, it is great to have friends who know exactly what you both need & want to hear. Like Mary, I am not an overly mushy person, and, in fact, do not trust a lot of people. Really, my husband is my best friend, but, having just moved back to Dallas in 2004 after 15 years, I don't have any close female friends. (I usually only had one or two close female friends at the MOST--again, trust issues.) My point is that we are all in this together, good, bad, or indifferent.

I just got back from the REs, and I have a 20,20, 21 and 13 on my right and a 19, 19, 20 on my left! So, I suppose I will have at least 6 mature follies for the IUI Wednesday at 11 AM. I don't know if that means they will all drop, but my chances are better than they were the last three months with a single follicle. I am injecting the Ovidril trigger tonight at 10PM, we BD last night, are abstaining tomorrow, and then at 9 AM I drop off the dh "sample."

Please pray for me!

As always, my prayers are with every single one of you. SSBD and lots of ((HUGS))
OK guys, you said you would post. Maybe you did on the other one. . .