Aa
A
A
A
Close
Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community
23.4k Members

Any B/C recommendations

I have not taken the pill in years and my husband and I just lost a child (miscarriage) in November.  We usually use condoms but they irritate me.  Any recommendations on b/c besides the pill and condoms?
3 Responses
I wanted to go on birth control for a few months after my husbands Vas-reversal, but didn't want to go on the pill and wanted something kind of temporary.... I tried out the Nuvea ring, and loved it. I put it in once a month and forgot about it (i forget pills) was kind of crampy the first month but that went away. But it was only for 3 months... so I am not sure if I would have had other side effects if i would have taken it longer.
Whatever you do, do not go with depo. I heard the patch and the nuva ring are great though. Women who have just one depo shot may not be able to concieve for 18 months plus. My last shot was in August 06 TTC my second child now for 5 months, still no af, no O either.
DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THE PATCH!!! I have a friend who was on the patch and things seemed fine at first and then she started to develop this rash in the area where she had the patch (right over her buttocks) while the rash continued to spread (why she didn't remove it when it started the world may never know) across her back followed by skin discoloration. It looked pretty bad anywho, it took a couple of weeks to clear up but if you see the area it looks like a odd birthmark across her lower back. So, check into it first to make sure you don't have that type of thing happen.
Have an Answer?
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568493809
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.