Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Any PCOS women have success on Metformin and Clomid?

I've been diagnosed with PCOS recently and will start Metformin and Clomid.  I've heard the chances of having a healthy pregnancy with these meds are 40% for PCOS women which isn't too bad but wish it was more like 80%  : )  Just wanted to hear any success stories to help cheer me up. Thanks
I have pcos and I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. I used glucophage and clomid. My first pregnancy I got pregnant on the first round of clomid. This time, the 4th round was the charm. Good luck to you! PCOS does not stop you from getting pregnant...it just means you need more help.
I have not been diagnosed with PCOS, but I am on Metformin to aid in ovulation. I will begin Clomid on day 5 of my cycle, if it will ever arrive!!! I have also heard of many women who became pg on first round. I am wondering how long it takes to ovulate after beginning meds. Today is my 12th day on meds and still no ovulation according to OPK.
Thanks for your comments, I feel much better.
Casey's mom: Just curious, did you stay on Glucophage throughout your whole pregnancy or just the first trimester?
Candie26:  Glad there is someone out there starting Clomid around the same time as me.  I'll be thinking of you.  I also haven't had a period since August (and it wasn't much either) My doc. is having me take Provera starting this week and she even said I may not bleed at all and to start Clomid 6 days after my last dose of Provera.  I'm trying to understand your situation, are you supposed to ovulate with Metformin only?  I guess some people do but my doc. thought it would be best to start Clomid right away.
My dr. didn't say anything about starting clomid before af. She really wants me to have af...due to a possibility that an egg has become "old." Fertilization of that egg would result in my 3rd m/c. I have read that some women o on just metformin, while others need clomid also. I will take it either way!!! I took my last dose of Provera on Thanksgiving Day and am still waiting for af!! I have felt slight af cramps today. Keep me posted!!
Oh, that makes sense.  If I don't get my AF after Provera, I'll ask my doc. about that possibility of an old egg being there before I start Clomid.  I'm starting Provera tomorrow.  Yay! I had very very little spotting today, probably just break-through-bleeding. How are you doing?   AF yet?
Hi, just found this site, i was diagnosed with PCOS at 16, been very irregular for years, been ttc for 1 year 4 months, am on 3rd round of Clomid 50mg, but i have a fertility appointment 18th to increase dosage and begin Metformin.

Gracie