As much as I love all of you...

As much as I love all of you, I'm just not going to get pregnant. I'm 42 and have diminished ovarian reserve. I'm not being negative, just realistic. I also think that if I had any shot, it was killed by obsessing every single cycle and logging on to MH constantly. I will check in periodically, but I don't think you'll see much of me any more. It's really okay, though, because we'll end up adopting within the next year and we're extremely excited about it.

Big Hugs and Truck Loads of SSBD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With Love and The Utmost Appreciation,
Sue
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
We wrote a few times last year as I was going through the process. I wish you much love, prayers, happiness, and luck but most of all peace. You will make a wonderful mother no matter how you become one. Good luck with your life.

Helpful - 0
We will miss you.  I certainly understand where you are coming from.  The whole TTC process can get so stressfull.  Good luck with everything.  Does not matter how you get your baby, I am sure you will make a great mother.  Hopefully it will happen sooner than later
Helpful - 0
I think is good taking brakes from here, sometimes it gets a little overwhelming....

I will def miss your posts and your humor!! I wouldn't reply much, but I did read them!!

I wish you the best on your TTC/Adopiton journey!! GOOD LUCK!!
Helpful - 0
HEY SUE,....I DONT HAVE MUCH TO SAY BUT THAT afterbeing able to concive after 5 yrs of trying and obsessing and MH..i feel thatu should not loose hope..and by the way one of my relative has got pregnant at 46..and all she did was made some changes to her lifestyle and the food intake..which by the way even i did..i took the major step of quiting my lucrative job and eating all that i never used to and there i got pregnant...so if that brings any hope to you....though adoption too is a good news..at least u are ready for that...hey do u have a pet??? I have heard from lots of people hat having a puppy also has made loads of changes with fertility issues..i got one for myself too in May and well i got preg in July end..miscarried and am preg again in Novemember...am suggesting all that i can so that u dont loose hope sue..will miss you
Helpful - 0
(((huggies)))
Helpful - 0
Sue,
I love you and will be always looking for updates from you.  I know how you feel though...
((HUGS))
Helpful - 0
Sue
I understand, I feel the same way every month :( I'll be 42 12/5. Best of luck.  I hope to hear your adoption journey very soon.
Helpful - 0
Sue- I wish you the best of luck with the adoptions process!!  
Helpful - 0
I'm sorry to read your post, but I'm happy to hear you'll be okay & that you're moving forward with adoption :) I wish you my very best!!! Be sure to keep us posted :)
Helpful - 0
I'm sad to see you go, but I totally respect your decision.  I myself have come and gone over the past 3 years for the same reason.  Sometimes it just adds to the stress and worry by constantly thinking about it.  Other times it's wonderful to have such an amazing support system of such beautiful people.  

Good luck with the adoption!  Let us know how it goes!
Helpful - 0
Oh Sue, I am sending you a big hug!!! I totally respect your reason for taking a break from MH.  

I am not giving up on the hopes of you getting pregnant just yet. But with that being said whether you have the baby that was "born in your heart" or "born from your womb" either way that is one lucky child!!!!!!!

Lots of love girly and Cruz says you must check out his new pictures every month! : )
Helpful - 0
I recently turned 43 and just got my first BFP. If the IVF did not work for me ,my next step would have been adoption. Good luck with the adoption process and keep us posted with the outcome. I am sure you will be blessed;-)
Helpful - 0
Sue. 12/29 was my due date last year. I will not forget either of you :(
This is a very public place to undertake an extremely personal journey. Thanks for letting us in. XOXO.

Adoption rules. It worked for both our parents
Helpful - 0
I turned 41 on 9/26
Helpful - 0
Oh, I definitely will check in on Wednesday! Good Luck! Good Luck! Good Luck! I have EVERYTHING crossed for you!!!

(When is your birthday? I'll be 42 on 12/29.)
Helpful - 0
:(  :(.... Sue, please check in on Wednesday... I have my beta and I am 41 so I'm VERY nervous... This is my third IVF and I hardly had any eggs.....
Helpful - 0
Thanks, Gigi, you have a been the exact same for me! I will peek in every once in a while, I just don't think there's much point. I want to be of support to others, but it gets hard sometimes when it's not happening for us over and over, you know? I will definitely check in once we get the adoption ball rolling. Hopefully some of you will still be here, but I'd prefer if everyone got pregnant and left :0)
Helpful - 0
As sad as I am to hear that you are moving on, I am so very happy to hear that you plan to adopt in the next year.  Please let us know as soon as you have any news in that regard.

Thank you so much for your kind words, advice, and A-1 sense of humour.  You have brought many smiles to my face!

Wishing you nothing but the best!

Gigi
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community