Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Brown spotting, am I pregnant?

Three weeks ago my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. That was the first time in a month because I am away at school so we did have quite a bit of sex that weekend. Hate to be so graphic, but he DID NOT finish his business inside of me. I also take birth control regularly. I should have gotten my period on Monday, today is Wed. Today and yesterday I have had light brown spotting. Is this just because of all the sex three weeks ago or could i be pregnant? I have no other symptoms other than cramping. Also, Thurs-Mon I was so sick i couldn't go an hour without having to run and use the bathroom. Could the spotting be because my stomach was so upset all weekend?
It could be the start of your period. Old blood tends to be brown. You can always test to be sure.