Calling All Women of Strength !!!

A strong woman works out every day to keep her body in shape…
But a woman of strength builds relationships to keep her soul in shape.
A strong woman isn't afraid of anything…
But a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of fear.
A strong woman won't let anyone get the better of her…
But a woman of strength gives the best of herself to everyone.
A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the future…
A woman of strength realizes life's mistakes can also be unexpected blessings and capitalizes on them.
A strong woman wears a look of confidence on her face…
But a woman of strength wears grace.
A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey…
But a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey that she will become strong.
*****************************************************************************************************************
Leighanne: 2/10/09 Jaedyn Michael was born beautiful & healthy!
Vortex: On 4/20/2009, Sahana was born! (Check out her pics!!!)
Joyce: 5/28/09 Daniel Joseph was born, 8lbs, 8oz and 19 3/4 inches long.
Jessie: 6/11/09 Zachary Kaden arrived at 5:43am. 7 lbs, 12 oz and 20.5 inches long
Armyprincess: 7/24/09, Jeremy Michael was born 9lbs, 3 ozs & 20 inches
Stacey: 8/12/09, Jake Harrison was born a healthy 6lbs! Check out his handsome pics!
Arlotheslug:  Home loving her little girl!!!  See her beautiful pics! :)
Kaylee_Frye: Hayden Elizabeth was born 9/12/09; 6lb 12 oz and 19.5 inches!
Luvkayln: Adalynn Noel was born healthy & beautiful on 12/7/09! 6 pounds, 15 ounces!!!
Check out her beautiful pics!
Dnikkki: Welcome Peyton Therese!!! Born 2/2/10 at 9:47 p.m. 6 pounds, 6 ounces & 19 inches long!
Mommyin10: Richard Clay, III & Ava Kathleen were born today 2/18/10!
He was 4 lbs, 5oz, born at 12:15 a.m. She weighed 3lbs, 14oz, born at 12:16 a.m.

sbumblebeeo: BFP!!! 34 Weeks with Shelby Rachel! Next appt 3/4
Help4baby:  27 Weeks with Twins!  
kmcarino: BFP!!! 23 weeks with a healthy BOY!!!
ad_06: BFP!!! 17 weeks!!! Appt 3/16

Waiting for an update:
Candie    
Hannah
pyar
michelleinhawaii

Guesito: Tubal Reversal in March!
Lina: Taking a break
Sammy_J: Taking a break
mrspace: Waiting for AF
Rachjas: Waiting for AF ;(

Keyan: CD10
Jmh2005: CD31

Susana: ?dpo
Nino7:  11dpo!
*****************************************************************************************************************************************
Hey, ladies! It's been a long day. Sorry I couldn't update sooner. We've been spending so much time at the hospital & we're enjoying every minute. The nurses are awesome & welcome us to stay & learn ;) We've been taking their temps, changing them, feeding them & of course, taking lots of pictures! ;) Both Ricky & Ava have been moved out of their incubators & into open-air cradles, which is good news :) Now we can bring clothes for them to wear, which is fun :) They need to maintain their body temps in the open air & the clothing helps. They've both been having some reflux issues & so, they've cut back Ricky's bottle feedings to three per day (the rest are via a tube). She's taking about half of her food through a bottle & the rest through a tube. The breast milk is helping, though. It's easier for them to digest & luckily I'm making a lot more! Yay :) We decided to rent a machine from the hospital & it's just so much better than the one I purchased. There's a lactation unit at the hospital & they're just so nice & helpful. They're very pro breastfeeding, so they'll come to my side in the NICU and help me to spend time with the babies skin on skin & teach me how to breastfeed properly ;) Oh! The NICU nurses also have dolls they call "loveys" & dh and I put them under our shirts against our skin & then put the loveys in with the babies, so they can cuddle with your scent ;) They also just approved a program where we can bring in hard-covered books & read to the babies :) Then we can sanitize them & leave them there. Ok! I'm writing too much :) Just wanted to give a recap of what we've been doing. We're going to have dinner & head back over to the hospital soon :) Oh! My shower is this weekend! We can't wait. Dh & I actually took over most of the planning & we're having it catered. We also bought a very special cake :) I'll be sure to take pics :) dh will put together a slide show of baby pics to okay throughout the day, which will be pretty cool.

Sbumblebeeo: That's a great question & the number one thing I would tell you to bring is some type of slippers or slip on shoes. It'll be more comfortable walking from your bed to the bathroom. Of course I was there longer than hopefully you'll be, but I even wore mine in the shower ;) Your situation may be different if Shelby comes naturally rather than via c section, but I'd pack changes of underwear & some socks. Bring loose clothing or maternity clothing for when you leave the hospital because if you're anything like me, you won't fit your ore-maternity clothes. If you're there long enough & plan to shower, bring anything you need for a shower. Most of the things I needed were supplied to me, but that may not always be the case. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know :) Happy early 35 Weeks!

My babies will be one week old at 12:15 & 12:16 a.m.! :)  

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You asked about my gestational diabetes. Amazingly, I was tested each morning after the babies were born & my blood sugar was perfectly normal! I haven't taken insulin since last Wednesday morning & my doctor says I no longer need it. I'll go back for a 2-hour glucose test in 5 weeks, but it looks like I'm back to normal :)
Helpful - 0
YAY!! for no more diabetes!! and a Woohoo!! for Ricky and Ava for being 1 week old!! aww!! it is so amazing they are being taken care of in such a great hospital!! sorry for the reflux, but I am sure your breast milk will help lots!
Helpful - 0
mommy- wow they already 1 week old.  they grow so fast.
Helpful - 0
Hey girls. sorry i have been MIA so much lately. with that winter storm and vacation planning ive been going crazy. So crazy in fact that i didn't even realize my period is now 4 days late. I haven't taken a test yet mainly because I am scared to death to test because of everything in the past that I have dealt with. Do you think its normal to be late every now and then? I am usually like clock work so thats why im nervous. We did bd at ovulation time but i am not quite sure how to feel. I feel sick lately and my bbs are hurting but that could also me PMS. Any thoughts?!
Helpful - 0
Check out her beautiful pics!

sbumblebeeo: BFP!!! 35 Weeks with Shelby Rachel! Next appt 3/4
Help4baby:  27 Weeks with Twins!  
kmcarino: BFP!!! 24 weeks with a healthy BOY!!!
ad_06: BFP!!! 18 weeks!!! Appt 3/16

Waiting for an update:
Candie    
Hannah
pyar
michelleinhawaii

Guesito: Tubal Reversal in March!
Lina: Taking a break
Sammy_J: Taking a break
mrspace: Waiting for AF
Rachjas: Waiting for AF ;(

Keyan: CD11
Jmh2005: CD32

Susana: ?dpo
Nino7:  12dpo!
************************************************************************************
Keyan & Leighanne: I know! This first week has flown by! So much has happened in such a short time :)

sbumblebeeo: Happy 35 Weeks!!! How are you feeling?

Kmcarino:  Happy 24 Weeks!!!

ad_06:  Happy 18 Weeks!!!
Helpful - 0
I just missed you. Hmmmm, could be ;) If you're 4 days late, best thing to do is test. It is normal for some to be late here & there, but if your body is normally operating like clockwork, definitely test & keep us posted :) Best wishes !  
Helpful - 0
Hello everyone. ...so I never ended up doing the iui , we went straight into another ivf cycle.  We had the same poor response. They retrieved 3 eggs, they all fertilized with icsi and we transferred 3 day3 embryos. 1 8 cell and 2 6 cells.....now we just wait.....beta on monday
Helpful - 0
Wow, Congrats on the babies....what a dream come true! You must be so happy.
Helpful - 0
michelleinhawaii- oh wow!  It's great that all 3 fertilized though! We are all thinking about you!

Helpful - 0
mommyin10-  I keep missing the new thread.  I didn't know you started a new one again.  I was getting worried watching the other one for an update but I see that you and the babies are doing well.  That is great news.  I can't wait for more pictures and you are soooo going to love your shower.  

As for me... um.... todays been a rough one.  I cried when DH left for work.  It's hard being here alone day after day.  I know every day she stays put is better for her but I am so ready for this to be over.  I haven't been sleeping well at night and I'm sure that just adds to my emotional breaks from time to time.  Why does it seem like the cramps are so much worse at night time?  I can't wait for my next appointment on Weds.  It'll  be my last u/s before delivery and I have to have that strep B test.   You never got that did you?  Ok that's enough you are busy with your beautiful babies.  

Take care!
Helpful - 0
sbumblebee- all doctors do the strep b test.  it is routine in all pregnancies because if you test positive, you have to have antibiotics before giving birth so the baby doesnt catch it.  its very dangerous for a baby to get it.  its nothing bad, its routine.

michelleinhawaii- its great to hear from you.  keeping my fingers crossed for your beta on monday.  how are you feeling otherwise?

mommy- how do ricky and ava look in their lil peanut clothes?  cant wait to see more pics.
Helpful - 0
mommyin10: You are doing a great job keeping this thread...thanks! ...be sure to let us know, if/when you need some time away to enjoy your motherhood, I am sure we all will find a way to keep posted.

michelleinhawaii: I am really hopefull for you!! I am praying for a BFP on Monday! Good luck!

jmh2005: hope you share some great BFP news with us soon! SSBD to you!
Helpful - 0
Mommyin10: I'm glad everything is going so well with the babies! Glad to hear your milk is in - is that going pretty good? I can't believe they are a week old already! Can you believe Peyton's one month appt. is next week?!!!

Michelle: Yay for 3 embies!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you :-) How are you feeling?

Keyan: How are you doing? How's the diet and all natural supplements going? Hope all is well your way - we are just getting more snow!!

sbumblebeeo: Congrats on 35wks!!! I'm sorry you're having such a tough time, but it is understandable...You are in the home stretch now though! It won't be long!!!

AFM: Sorry for being MIA, just busy here!! We are all doing great! Peyton is growing like a weed! She's eating 4oz bottles about every 3-4 hours :-) Can you believe her one month appt. is next Wed.?!! I'll have to try to upload more pics later...DS is doing pretty well with her. He's good with her when she's awake and just ignores her otherwise lol. DH is helping a lot which makes everything really nice!! I am just blessed to have such an amazing husband and two beautiful healthy children.!! Well, we are getting another snowstorm - I think we've managed one snow storm a week for the past 4wks!! While I love the snow and think it's pretty - I am tired of it lol!! Well, I am going to get going, laundry is calling my name lol!! I'll check in later!!

Hugs, Love and SSBD to all :-)
Helpful - 0
mommyin10,
I saw your babies photos :D they are soooo cute. God bless them :)
Helpful - 0
Check out her beautiful pics!

Help4baby:  27 Weeks with Twins!  
ad_06: BFP!!! 18 weeks!!! Appt 3/16

Waiting for an update:
Candie    
Hannah
pyar

Guesito: Tubal Reversal in March!
Lina: Taking a break
Sammy_J: Taking a break
mrspace: Waiting for AF
Rachjas: Waiting for AF ;(

Keyan: CD12

Jmh2095: AF 5 days late!?!
Susana: ?dpo
Nino7:  13dpo!
Michelleinhawaii: IVF - beta Monday!
Hi, ladies! Everything is going well. Dh & I are getting to do more and more each day. We gave Ricky a bath yesterday & he screamed bloody murder! ;) Poor guy! It's funny because he screams any time he's disturbed. He loves to be left alone sleeping or being held. Ava, on the other hand, is so quiet & looks so content no matter what you're doing. She doesn't even flinch when she's being changed :) It's neat to see their personalities. We were at the hospital til 2:00 this morning & so we decided not to go this morning. Give ourselves a chance to kind of catch up. We're meeting with their pediatrician today at 1:30 (our apot to see if we want him to be their pediatrician), so we'll head over to the hospital afterwards. Pumping is going well. I just need to get myself on a better schedule  & remember to eat! I learned yesterday that they'll supply a pump by the babies so I can pump while at the hospital, so that will help. I also tried breast feeding Ava yesterday. She did good, but she's do tiny & got so tired. She then laid on my chest & was given her food through her tube. We have our family/friends baby shower on Sunday & I'm excited :) dh will put lots of pictures on a digital picture frame to play like a slide show, which will be fun. Then my work shower is next Friday. Well, that's my recap! Take care, everyone :)

Leighanne: OMG! They look so cute in clothes :) dh went out to get dinner the other night & stopped by the Carter's store. He bought them each a cute preemie outfit ;) It was funny because he was texting me complaining about the clothes available & how his son won't be dressed like a Teddy bear or his daughter like a piece of fruit! Haha ;) He found two really cute  (appropriate) outfits :) He's very hands-on with them, so we're really enjoying our time with them. I'll hopefully post more pics soon!

Dnikki: Wow, coming on a month? That's exciting, yet amazing it's gone by so fast :) I bet it's quite an adjustment for ds to share with his sister, especially when she can't play yet, but he'll definitely be her protector! ;) I love that. Our kids are in cradles across the aisle of the room from each other, but still have a connection. The nurse yesterday said whenever someone fusses over Ava, Ricky cries ;) Pumping is going well. I'm able to pump at the hospital too & they have lactation consultants that come around to help w/breast feeding as well. It's like constant, free education for us :)

Keyan: how are you doing? Are you following your diet for this cycle? Keep us posted! Yes, I'll ket you know when someone can take over. I can't be on as often, but I feel like keeping the thread going still keeps me connected to each of you wonderful ladies :)

Sbumblebeeo: Yeah, I usually send a note to everyone saying I started a new one. I just didn't have a chance this time ;) You're really not alone when it comes to having trouble sleeping at night. I felt the same way. It was perfectly fine to even nap during the day (which I did a lot more of as I got closer to the babies being born! The day my water broke, I slept off & on all day!) it was just so uncomfortable to sleep at night & I would lay awake most of the time. I honestly don't remember the strep b test, but that doesn't mean I didn't have it. Is it a blood test? I had so many of those, I couldn't differentiate when I did what ;-) Hang in there! You're so close :)

michelleinhawaii: Thank you :) Yes, they are two little blessings & we're so grateful! Congrats on your ivf cycle! That's exciting that you had 3 embies transferred & they were such good quality! I'll be praying this is the time for you & your dh's miracle, too ;-) Take it easy!

nino7: Thanks :) How are you feeling? You're so close to testing!
Helpful - 0
I gained 53 pounds with my pregnancy & I've lost 23 already just walking to & from & through the hospital, breastfeeding & eating right. Just wanted to share that so you all know it can start coming off without much effort :) I was surprised when I weighed myself, though I still look pregnant ;)
Helpful - 0
mommyin10-  The strep b test is typically done at 36 weeks and its a vaginal and anal  swab and then sent to the lab to see if you have it, if you do  they give you antibiotics during the birth of the baby or babies in your case :).   Doesn't that sound like fun?  I'm excited for your showers they are going to be so much fun.  I  loved mine.  How much is to rent a  hospital  breast  pump?  I'm  thinking we might do the same  thing.   I never  got one b/c I hear that if you don't get a really good one they don't  work and the good ones are super expensive.  I didn't  want to  send  the money unless I knew I was going to be able to  make it  work.  I  can't  believe you've lost 23 pounds already.  That is awesome!  Good for you.   I think  I've gained 27 pounds now and would love to  lose it by summer.  Wishful thinking I'm sure.    :)  

Well I can't wait to see your pictures!  Take care of yourself and don't forget to rest up.  
Helpful - 0
Mommyin10- Wow, 1 week already! Isn't that just amazing?! I'm so happy they're doing so well! :) It sounds like you're doing great too! Congrats on the weight loss! I gained 50 pounds with Addy, and only have 10 more pounds to go to be at my pre-pregnant weight! How sweet that dh went to go buy them clothes! That's hilarious that he doesn't want his babies dressed like teddy bears or fruits! lol! ;) That's amazing that you're diabetes is gone! That's wonderful news! :) Oh yayy, that's awesome you're making more milk and the pumping is going good! I bet you loved nursing Ava! It's normal for them to fall asleep when their nursing, as I'm sure the NICU nurses have told you. Addy still falls asleep! It's b/c they smell your scent. Wow, that's so cool the NICU has loveys! I've never even heard of that, but how cool is that?!! :) I'm excited for your baby shower on Sunday! I can't wait to hear about all the cute stuff you get! :)

Dnikki- Wow, 4 oz already?! Addy is almost 12 weeks and is on 4 oz every 2-3 hours! Peyton's a little piggy! ;) That's good she's a good eater! :) Does she spit up at all? How's the breastfeeding going? Happy 1 month Peyton!!!

Jmh- Ooh, how exciting!! Hurry and test!! :) Good luck!!!

Keyan- Yayy, almost +OPK time!!! :)

Sbumblebeeo- Oh, I didn't know that test was done at 36 weeks! We had ours early then! We had it before 20 weeks?! And I had it, so we had to have antibiotics when I was in labor. Congrats on 35 weeks! You're almost there, yayy!! :) I know you're getting more and more uncomfortable, but it's almost over! Hang in there! ;)

AFM: Addy is doing wonderful! She's getting so big! She's outgrown her bassinet, but I still can't stand to not have her in our room at night so she's sleeping in her pac n' play! :) I do let her take her naps in her room in her crib, just so when I completely put her in there she'll be used to it. Can you believe she'll be 12 weeks on Monday?! Crazy!! Oh, she found her thumb yesterday! I remember when I was 11 weeks pregnant with her, she was sucking her thumb. But it's even cuter in person to see her find it and suck on it! :) We have our family pictures tomorrow, I can't wait! I have 3 different outfits to put her in, I just couldn't choose! ;) Well, I better get ready for work. Addy's waking up ( I hear her on the monitor! ) and I still need to pump before I leave. Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I am thinking about all of you! Have a wonderful weekend!! :)

Helpful - 0
Oops... :)

Michelle- Congrats on going with IVF! That's awesome that all 3 fertilized! I can't wait for your results on Monday! We're all praying for a BFP!!! Good luck sweetie!!! :)
Helpful - 0
mommyin10- I am CD 6. We are doing another Femara/Trigger/IUI cycle just to see. We have been really busy with our adoption journey lately. We should be on the waiting list by April!
Helpful - 0
I am now CD 1. We are looking into other options to see about getting back on medication after our vacation in two weeks.

rachjas0623 - how did you begin your adoption journey?
Helpful - 0
luvkayln-  I guess it can be done earlier but my doctor said early on you can test negative and then have it later so he wanted to wait until toward the end.  Maybe b/c they watched you so closely they indended on doing it several times had you tested negative in the begining?  I don't know.  My doctor isn't seeing me any more than he would a regular patient.  I've just had a few more u/s's to check on my shrinking cervix.    Wednesday should be our last one.  Kind of sad but I'm excited  for her to be here and for me to not be pregnant any more.  I wonder what she'll look like everyday, I wonder if she'll be a fussy baby, if she'll breast feed, if  I can even do this.  I was so convinced before and now....I'm scared.  When dnikki told us that Peyton was choking that first night home I don't know if I would have even known what to do.  Is this normal?  It's like I went from worrying about her coming early and now that is not too much of a  concern now I begun to worry about EVERYTHING else.  Anyway enough of that, I'm sure I'll be fine.  I'm sure I'll figure it out when she gets here.  Could you tell me when the nightmares stop though?  
Helpful - 0
jmh2005- I had been researching it a lot the last several months.... finally I asked DH if he would like to attend an informational meeting. He agreed. After that it took a couple of weeks.. but we finished our application. We are half way down with our classes and paperwork... our physicals and fire inspection are this coming week. We have also already been fingerprinted. After we are done with all of that (the end of this coming week).. we just have to complete are homestudy ( 2-3 meetings with our social worker)... and finish up our profile. As soon as we have been homestudy approved we will be put onto the waiting list.
Helpful - 0
Thanks everyone. I just feel like it should be my turn....eveyone else I know has had their turn :-) I don't really feel anything, astronomy time my boobs got big n sore before I tested...my husband said its good you feel nothing because you don't want it to feel like last time n that is definitely true :-) I'm just blessed that we even had one perfect embryo, we were really scared that the chemo killed all my eggs or made them quality poor.  I think even if this doesnt work at least we have the peace of mind that we CAN have a baby of our own.

I can't believe all of you have babies!!!! You've all been through so much, but never gave up....you are all definitely women of strength! So much has happened over the last 2 years, its so weird because it seems like yesterday when I was doing iui and ttc. So much has passed and so much is in the past. We can't help the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand and I must say we have all played it well :-0
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community