Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Calling All Women of Strength!!!

A Strong Woman VS. A Woman Of Strength

A strong woman works out every day to keep her body in shape…
But a woman of strength builds relationships to keep her soul in shape.

A strong woman isn't afraid of anything…
But a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of fear.

A strong woman won't let anyone get the better of her…
But a woman of strength gives the best of herself to everyone.

A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the future…
A woman of strength realizes life's mistakes can also be unexpected blessings and capitalizes on them.

A strong woman wears a look of confidence on her face…
But a woman of strength wears grace.

A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey…
But a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey that she will become strong.

Author Unknown.
**************************************************************************
Michelleinhawaii is CANCER FREE!!! Congrats & best wishes =)
Arlotheslug: We're praying that you're home, loving your little girl!!! Update soon =)
Rachjas: Our hearts, thoughts & prayers are with you & your family!
Scripps: You're in our thoughts & prayers!

Leighanne: 2/10/09 Jaedyn Michael was born beautiful & healthy!
Vortex: On 4/20/2009, Sahana was born! (Check out her pics!!!)
Joyce: 5/28/09 Daniel Joseph was born, 8lbs, 8oz and 19 3/4 inches long.
Jessie: 6/11/09 Zachary Kaden arrived at 5:43am. 7 lbs, 12 oz and 20.5 inches long
Armyprincess: 7/24/09, Jeremy Michael was born 9lbs, 3 ozs & 20 inches
Stacey: 8/12/09, Jake Harrison was born a healthy 6 pounds! Check out his handsome pics! =)

Kaylee_Frye: BFP- 35 weeks with Hayden!!! We're all praying for a healthy delivery!!!
Luvkayln: BFP!!! 24 weeks with Adalynn Noelle!!! =) (appt Tuesday!)
Dnikkki: BFP!!! - 16 weeks!!! (appt 9/15)
Looloo: BFP!!! 15 Weeks!
Mommyin10: BFP!!! 10 Weeks with our twins! (appt Tuesday!)
sbumblebeeo: BFP! 9 Weeks! (appt 9/18)

Keyan: One more week til the Lupron shot is out of her system!!! =)
Guesito: Meeting with new RE on Thursday!

Lina: CD4
jmh2005: CD6
ad_06: CD6
Hannah: CD17
Naf: CD17
mrspace: CD19
Candie: CD27
Mamatina: CD56?

pyar: 13dpo
***************************************************************************************************
Hello to everyone.  Sorry I've been erratic lately.  I saw the doctor on Monday.  He looked at all my tests and said I looked o.k. in general.  However, my ovaries were over-stimulated, which he said was strange.  He ordered a new test for Philippe.  He has only 4% viable sperm, and it seems some of those may have "vacuoles," which are little bubbles that make miscarriage more likely.  They can perform IVF in such a way as to avoid the vacuole-ridden sperm.  I had long felt that my previous doctor didn't pay enough attention to our sperm issues.  The new doctor also had me do an hcg test.  On Monday night, it was still over 4,000, which seems very odd since we've known for 3 weeks that the pregnancy hadn't worked.  I faxed the results to the doctor on Friday because I hadn't heard from him.  He seemed really good, but I cannot understand a failure to speak to a patient about such test results.  Last night, I finally got my period, which was quite painful.  That's all I know for now.  

I'll try to check in more regularly, and I'm glad to see that many are doing so well.
scripps- Take care of your self. I hope this DR. can get things figured out for you.

I have my D&C follow-up Wednesday. Then, I have to wait until AF gets here to schedule my LAP surgery. I found out earlier this week all of the bloodwork they took at my last RE appt (8.19) came back normal. We tested my TSH antibodies, other clotting factors that were not checked after our last mc and also my chromosomes. DH's chromosome were also tested. It was a relief to hear that all was well...but then again... I wish we had some sort of easy fix.  We are still waiting to hear about the results from the D&C. It will probably be a few more weeks on those results. As far as how I am feeling.. we are doing the best we can. In all honesty, I just want to have a plan. When I have a plan, I feel better. This time, I want a plan that is going to work. I am not sure where that will lead us. I may ask for several IUIs before doing our only FET try. I just don't know. I have been taking my Whey protein again just incase we do IUI and DH & I started walking again. I am still very bloated... I haven't had my wedding rings on more than a week since our IVF cycle started. On top of that, I am still bleeding fromt he D&C. It's just all so frustrating!
A Strong Woman VS. A Woman Of Strength

But a woman of strength wears grace.

Author Unknown.

Looloo: BFP!!! 15 Weeks!
sbumblebeeo: BFP! 9 Weeks! (appt 9/18)

Lina: CD5
jmh2005: CD7
ad_06: CD7
Hannah: CD18
Naf: CD18
mrspace: CD20
Candie: CD28
Mamatina: CD57?

pyar: 134dpo
Scripps: I'm sorry AF showed ;( I know you were expecting it, but I also understand how difficult that moment is... I'm happy to hear your new doctor is running extra tests & making you feel more comfortable that he'll find a solution for you two. It's too bad your old doc wasn't as helpful, but now you have someone on your side who will listen to your concerns & help you reach your goal ;) Hang in there!

Rachjas: I'm so sorry for all you've been through... That's great news, though, that your bloodwork came back normal, although I do understand you wanting to know what has to be fixed... I hope your followup on Wed goes well & you can come home with a new plan! Take care & best wishes :)
Scripps- I'm also very sorry to hear AF showed, but  at least now you can move on with this new doctor and find the answers you and dh are looking for! Remind me, when they transferred your embryos, did they have any left to freeze? If they think the problem may be with his sperm causing m/c's, then will you start a fresh IVF cycle with the sperm that don't have the vacuoles? How cool that they can "pick and choose" the best sperm to ensure that they get the best sperm! :) I know it's all a waiting game right now, but it's great you're getting answers in the meantime and you'll be on that BFP list again in no time! Stay strong!

Rachjas- Congrats on everything coming back normal! :) I know you were slightly hoping for an easy fix, but at least knowing the tests were negative must make you feel great! I understand wanting to have a plan in place, and it does definately make you feel a lot better knowing what the plan is, so maybe you'll have more of an idea once your LAP is finished. And you may feel more confident after your LAP to go straight for your FET versus iui's. Either way, you'll have our support! :) And like I told Scripps, you'll be back on that BFP list as well very soon! Take care!

Mommyin10- Did dh get the picket fence up yet? I can't wait to see what it looks like! :) This weekend has just flown by for me! Mom and I went shopping yesterday for almost 8 hours! Yikes! I was definately worn out by the time I got home, so I went straight to bed! ;) We got a ton of new outfits for Addy, and then of course had to stop by my favorite store (Hobby Lobby) to see if their Christmas tree's like Kayln's were in yet. I've been looking once a week to see, and yesterday they finally had them! I wanted to get Addy her own special tree like Kayln has, except for Addy's is light pink to match her room. I also got the girls their matching ornaments for this year, and am also making them a special one! Kayln's will say "Big Sis" and Addy's will say "little sis." :) My mom has also informed me that she'll be making Addy's "First Christmas" dress for her! I'm excited to see that! Our appointment's are only a couple days away! Can't wait to see more pics of your little ones! ;) I get to make my 3-d u/s appointment on Tuesday! I can't wait to see if she'll look like her big sister!!!! :)

hi everyone. how's everyone doing?

i had an appt yest at the doctor's. when i checked my weight again last week, it had started picking up slowly. at the doctor's, it seems to have gone up some more. i still havent reached my pre-pregnancy wt but she said ill get there.

she just felt around and told me i dont really need a scan right now coz it seems normal :) she's scheduled a scan on the 22nd. that would be past 18 weeks. she said we'l be able to catch any abnomalities and also see the status of the vanishng twin. since she keeps mentioning it, i guess it isnt sumthing we can ignore, though she keeps assuring me it's not a big deal.

my nausea has retreated. yesterday i only threw up once...ONCE! i can now walk around smoothly without wobbling :) and only now do i realize exactly how psychologicly traumatized i was.

i never mentioned it on the thread coz...well, i kept thinking "ive been blessed, so why do i feel this way? ive been waiting for yrs so y do i feel like this?"
in my head, it was like i was trapped in a dark stiffling maze, fighting to find my way out, but the further i walked, the more lost i was. my mom or dh was always with me and i was never left alone, even when i was vomitting; when i faint they would catch me, give me water, stroke my back, but all of that was happening to someone else. i was behind a shadow in an endless eternal suspended vacuum. i didnt think of the baby or the future or anything.

yesterday was the first time i spoke about it. to my doctor. my dh was listening and he looked horrified. by the time i finished talking, i was crying coz just thinking about it made me so tired.
and the doctor shook her head and scolded me. she said just like nausea, this was simply a symptom of pregnancy. apparently if i had talked about it, i would have felt better. some women go thru this.
nw, it feels like i just woke up after a storm. for the first time, ive started picturing my baby, imagining the future.

so i just wanted to say, whatever you guys feel, pregnant or not, talk about it rather than beat urself up about it...i had thought i was a terrible person...God kows what the radiologist had thought of me when she offered me a copy of the US and i said no need!!! i regret that so much now...

mommyin10: thanx for the note :) about the breastfeeding, i had to learn about that in college. the more the baby suckles, the more u produce. the consistency of the milk also depends on the baby. that is, at every feed, in the beginning the baby wud be thirsty and will suckle quickly. at that time, the milk will be watery. then when the thirst reduces, the speed reduces too and the milk automatically becomes thicker and creamier. this is for the hunger. (God's designs are amazing)
my cousin had twins. she fed them till they were almost 2. (!!) they were on only breast milk for the first 6 months, then incorporated formula. even when they started having solid food, she weened them late.
but it wasnt easy ofcourse. (and she's also a crazily determined person) and she had taken a lot of precaustions before hand. she had used a nipple cream BEFORE delivery (starting at about 3 months) so they would be as supple as possible. she had nipple shields ready but apparently she never had to use them.
so i guess it's upto you. what makes you the most comfortable so that you can give the best care and love possible to the babies.

scripps and rachjas, hope everything works out for you both. you're in my prayers, as are all of you.

take care everyone!

Luvkayln: BFP!!! 24 weeks with Adalynn Noelle!!! =) (appt TOMORROW!)
Looloo: BFP!!! 15 Weeks! (appt 9/22)
Mommyin10: BFP!!! 10 Weeks with our twins! (appt TOMORROW!)
sbumblebeeo: BFP! 9 Weeks! (appt 9/18)

Keyan: Lupron is just about out of her system & she can ttc again!!! =)

Lina: CD6
jmh2005: CD8
ad_06: CD8
Hannah: CD19
Naf: CD19
mrspace: CD21
Candie: CD29
Mamatina: CD58?

pyar: 15dpo
luvkayln:  Wow, shopping for 8 hours!  You must have been pooped! ;)  It sounds like you had a great time with your mom & I'm sure Addy got lots of cute clothes!  How sweet that you found Addy a matching tree, too & the ornaments are just precious!  I love it!  Of course you'll have to take pics :)  How special that your mom is making Addy a Christmas dress, too!!!  You are getting so close, I can't believe it!!!  So, tomorrow you'll make your appt for the 3D scan?!  That is exciting!  When do you think it'll be done?  I can't wait to see those pics.  They are so amazing! dh & I are planning to do the private 3D scan, where you get extra pics & a DVD, etc.  It will be a wonderful Christmas gift for our moms :)  Yes, he got some of the picket fence done yesterday & will finish putting it up today!  It looks SO cute!!!  We had so many neighbors stop by to comment, so that was nice.  Everyone's been waiting for it to be done, I guess! Haha ;)  After he gets it up, he'll still have to fill the screw holes, sand & paint the front of the fence (he is seriously a perfectionist!)  So, by the end of next weekend, this project will be completed & he'll move on to the babies' room!!!  I'm so excited because he was planning to do other things first, but told me yesterday that he'll start on their room next ;)  Yay!  I know you're not looking forward to your appt tomorrow 'cause of the glucose test, but that's great you can drink it on your way & hopefully it'll be done quick & you'll have that test behind you!  And you get to schedule your 3D scan, so that's awesome!  I'm really hoping we can hear the babies' heartbeats tomorrow! =)

Looloo:  Wow, I'm so sorry to hear what you've been going through ;(  It is amazing what our minds can do & it's just so wonderful to hear that you've been working through it & you're feeling so much better!  I'm so happy for you :)  You have a great support system with your mom & dh!  Take care & thanks for all the info!  I'll look into the nipple cream.
helllo ladies have to be quick again :(

just to tell u our apt went ok my polycyctic overaies is mild ggod news i suppose i am hopefully starting clomid in november as i have to have ink injected ans have a scan when af comes to see if my tubes are blocked

dan has varacocele veins bulit into a lump on his testicle that makes sperm he needs another semen anaylis and a operation to put it ryt :( so in 2 months when its all done hopefully we will start clomid fingers crossed

happy for all u mamas to be and hope were all keeping our chins up for bfp im going on holiday friday crnt wait ! xx

oh and tried a wedding dress on today i love it :)

lots of love to u all x
Hannah- Congrats on finally getting some answers and how cool that you'll be able to start clomid in a couple months! :) Ya know, I had one of those dye tests done and got pregnant the same month!! Because even if your tubes aren't blocked, it still clears out any "cobwebs" that could be there and it's a smooth ride for the sperm to your tubes! ;) Congrats on trying on a wedding dress today! How fun!! When's the big day, do you know yet?

Looloo- Thanks for the sweet note! :) Ya know, I have upsetting thoughts too with this pregnancy, I don't know how much of a relation it is to what you're going through, but it's hard not to think about what happened to Kayln and pray that history doesn't repeat itself. I have bad thoughts like it will happen again, like the "devil's" in my head telling me it's going to happen again, but I just put my faith in God and that's really the only way I can get it out of my head!! I'm glad you're feeling better and looking forward to the future with your baby! :)

Mommyin10- How cool that dh is getting started on the babies' room next!! Yay!! ;) And then by the time it's complete, because we know everything HAS to be perfect, ;) then it'll be close to finding out what you're having and you can start buying things! I'm excited for my 3-d scan too! We're also doing it privately, I think I have to go to the building across the street from my doctor but anyway my doctor's office sets it up for me. :) We get 2 colored copies, 4 b/w copies and a dvd also! So it's well worth it, plus it'll just be so amazing to see what she looks like! We never got the option to do it while I was pregnant with Kayln, so this'll be something special we get to do this time! :) I think I'll set that up for 2 weeks from tomorrow, and then have my regular check up with my OB 2 weeks after that, and then I'll start going every 2 weeks until she's born. Which'll really only be about 3-4 more appointments at every 2 weeks! How awesome!! :) Do you think you'll get an u/s tomorrow or do you think she'll just listen for the h/b's? Well, I guess she has to do an u/s, right? I remember you telling me that now! ;) Ok, well if she does tell you their heartrate's, be sure and let us know so we can start making estimated guesses on the sex! ;) Kayln's was always between 146-160 and so far Addy's has been 148 to 170! Usually closer to 148 though, depends on how active she's being. :) I'm going to talk to my OB about a lot of things tomorrow, have a list going but I'll be sure and talk to her about the swine flu shot as well and see what she says. Update asap after your appointment tomorrow! :)

Ok so Sean's "putting his foot down" as he says and wants to spell Adalynn's middle name Noel instead of Noelle... What do you all think?? I love Noelle, but he says the whole point of us coming up with that name is because she's due on Christmas so it should be Noel?!
Dnikki- Just saw your new pics! I love them and your belly is getting so big! It's so cute!! :) So I realized I've been wanting to ask you and have been forgetting every time! What's the baby's heartrate been at on your doppler? I want to see if it's been close to Kayln's and Addy's so I can see if my thoughts on it being a girl are right! lol ;)
I enjoy keeping up with everybody, so just wanted to drop in.  I won't have any other news until I see the doctor again next Monday.  Next Tuesday, we see a third doctor, very well-known in France.  We don't particularly want to work with him since famous old doctors are too busy, but we would like his opinion on an attentive doctor for us.

We really liked the doctor we'll see again next Monday, but I'm not thrilled that he didn't respond to the fax I sent on Friday with my hcg results and the news that I still hadn't gotten my period.  Does it seem normal to you all that a doctor would wait another week for the appointment instead of making a call?  Maybe it's a French thing...

By the way, I am trying to use non-toxic, pregnancy-approved products to get my body as clean as possible.  In case anyone is interested, the Belli acne wash helped me when my skin was broken out.  Also, I like the Garden of Eve products, particularly their eye cream.

Luvkayln: BFP!!! 24 weeks with Adalynn Noelle!!! =) (appt TODAY!)
Looloo: BFP!!! 15 Weeks! (appt 9/22)
Mommyin10: BFP!!! 10 Weeks with our twins! (appt TODAY!)
sbumblebeeo: BFP! 9 Weeks! (appt 9/18)

Lina: CD7
jmh2005: CD9
ad_06: CD9
Hannah: CD20
Naf: CD20
mrspace: CD22
Candie: CD30
Mamatina: CD59?

pyar: 16dpo
luvkayln:  Good luck today!  I'll be thinking of you & hoping your glucose test goes by quickly...  It'll be exciting counting down to your 3D u/s! =) I can't believe you'll have so few appts left!  Wow!!!  Yes, you're right.  My ob said she'd do an u/s each time 'cause otherwise she could be hearing the same h/b twice.  I guess if their heart rates are different, though, you'd be able to tell...  Well, I'm really hoping to hear their h/bs today!!!  Yes, I'll update asap afterwards.  My appt isn't til 1:45.  Are you working today?  Haha!  You know dh too well! ;)  He got most of the fence done.  There's just one side next to our neighbor's house left to do & then he'll fill the screw holes, sand & paint the front side.  So, the goal is to be completed by the end of next weekend!  It looks amazing :)  I can't wait to get started on the babies' room!!!  You're so right.  Once it's complete, we'll be finding out the sex & then I'll definitely go shopping! =)

Hannah:  How exciting that you tried on a wedding dress ;)  When's the big day!?  I think it's great that you're finding out about Dan's issue 'cause that can be reversed & maybe that's why you haven't gotten pregnant?!  Also, luvkayln is right.  The HSG test will clear your tubes & it'll also let you know if there's something to be corrected with you.  I'm happy for you that you're moving forward & that you'll be starting clomid.  Good for you!!! =)

scripps:  Sorry, I thought you meant you sent your results to your old doc & he hadn't responded...  That does su ck that your new doc wouldn't respond, but maybe it is a "French" thing?!  That's good you're looking into different docs to find all options :)