Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Clomid question

So my husband and I have been trying for a while (16 months) to have a baby and I found out recently that I am not ovulating and was recommended clomid. I am due to see a RE on the 27 of July and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect...I am so nervous!
One of my friend was having the same problem and the doctor suggested clomid her also.She took clomid from cycle day 5 to day 12 and she conceived the same month.I think you should give it a chance.Hope it will work for you too.Good luck
Thank you so much I have really had a problem ovulating and I will have to take provera before clomid (no period in 7 months) and I have heard alot of good things about this medication and I was just wondering if anyone had any advice to not drive myself insane during the wait until the RE appointment and then the next month of not driving me or my husband batty! LOL!
hi, i;m now on my fourth round of clomid (i have pcos), i hope you have a better time than i did.. on 50mg i really didn't have any side effects, but 100mg and 150mg is horrible. hot flashes, nausea, and i was not pleasant to be around. however on the positive side... two of my friends also took clomid, one got pregnant after one month with no side effects, and they other got pregnant the second month.  the success rate is high you just have to deal with the side effects. SSBD to you
Thank you so much! I would deal with any and all side effects (my husband is in the Air Force so he isn't home much of the day LOL) and we have wanted a baby together for 8 years so I am willing to go through anything for him... I am sorry that it hasn't worked well for you yet but keep the faith!
thanks, everytime i get a feeling of rage (from clomid) i keep telling myself when we get our baby it will be worth it!  I have actually gotten better at recognizing when i'm mad and when i'm hormonal, so at least i can warn dh to stay away :).
LOL! I know I had to take provera in March and wasn't sure how bad the side effects would be but they were bad! LOL! So dh knows to stay away!