Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Cycle clarity

Hi my name is Jasmine,
I am 21 years of age! My cycles are different every month one month it's 28 and another 30 and another 31 so it's safe to say it's between 28-31 days! My partner and I have been trying for Over a year now but nothing has happened! Just recently I quite smoking, drinking and have started to take muti plus vitamins and I do feel like a better person!
I have a few questions about my cycle as I am unsure especially this month what is going on.
I just had a period on the 12th to the 17th of January and 6 days is normal but I have never known how to pinpoint my ovulation! My partner does find me attract after my period but you don't ovulate in the week after do you? Anyways we have sex on the 19th, 21st, 22nd and the 24th it's now the 28th and when I went to the bathroom after lunch time because I had to pee I whipped myself and I found brown blood! I usually have heavy periods and starts of heavy so it can't be that as it's too early! I read some stuff online and it said it could be ovulation spotting but I have never had this!! Did I mid calculate when I ovulate or has anyone ever had a problem like this I'm really worried I have something serious
Cycles that come between 20 and 31 days are considered normal and hence ovulation can be safely be taken as occurring at mid-cycle, around the 14th or 15th day of the cycle. Trying around this time increases the chances of pregnancy. Fertility is low in the week immediately following the periods. Ovulation can be detected with help of changes in the cervical mucus, rise in basal body temperature and some women may have ovulation pain or spotting at the time of ovulation. However it is advisable to use ovulation detection kits.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.